Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 80

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
  • Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I couldn't get an uptick on Think It Over lead yesterday, but got a big one today.  I'm up to 94.02%.  That might be a plateau that I can't get past in the next day and a half.

That brings me to Secret Agent Man on lead.  The other day, I mentioned expecting poor scores, but posting them anyways due to having no shame... 69% - Could Be Better.  I just don't have the speed for that one yet.  Who chose that damn song, anyways? ;) I guess that I need to play in the beginner sandbox for a while.

edit - Oh, and have a good one @@MilkmanDan

• Like 7

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Another few takes at Lazy, now with video! Unfortunately, I hadn't worked out all the kinks of the video before my best take, so I just have the screenshot for that.

http://i.imgur.com/hqwDlIX.jpg

Interestingly, on both of these attempts I was far better at the first half than in my previous best attempt, but also much worse at the second half (perhaps because I didn't practice it in RR for over an hour beforehand). There's a definite trend to all of my misses on that one riff in the second half: I'm pretty sure all of them were on the note on the middle string after the octave. Not entirely sure why I'd be fretting that one so poorly so consistently, but apparently it's a thing.

• Like 7

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Again i have updated score. Bad strike and bad summary score, my right hand tired, after half of day practice and have a lot "miss" at a simple chords. But this run was good for solo, played all solo total without miss, seems i understood as this solo to play. it was so unexpectedly, and cool sounds, that i confused and ruined all next parts :). 

http://i.imgur.com/HhD7MS9.jpg

• Like 8

I`m fighting now not with score, i trying improve my sounds, always now recording audio (separate track RS and guitar via pedals), and listen how it terrible sounds without backing track, check errors and try fix as i can. It good motivation for hard practice.

There is audio record with of this run "without miss solo" ->>

P.s. Off course in mix no such terrible sounds  :ph34r:

• Like 5

@@NoonyDeloony - I hope you can get a new monitor soon! I hope that the move went well otherwise.

Let's go @ - getting those last few notes is always tough, but you got this!

On the subject of promotion to MC, I'm feeling like I'm ready for bass MC now. I'm hoping I don't regret this decision when the song selection is announced.

• Like 7

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

last uptick on Rules for Fools Adv bass 93%, Streak of 399

Secret Agent Man Rhythm 85%

• Like 4

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Not sure that i can got there 99, in near time. I know how to play solo,  but still yet can not, yesterday it was big luck. Bored to play it, today dreamed that i play Tankard  :lol:  Will make yet a few attempts late.

Updated only  streak and total score:

http://i.imgur.com/Zvs7EwG.jpg

• Like 8