On 'Under My Thumb' I also noticed that the notes are slightly out of tune...probably the song is not in A440 but a bit higher or lower.

I looked into it a bit and couldn't find anything specifically about the tuning on "Aftermath" or "Under My Thumb", but it does sound like marimbas are tuned to A442, so I guess I'll start off by trying that. If that fails, then I guess it's into binary search mode.

The Anarchist : I'm really not a Rush fan but I really enjoyed playing this one very much. The bass line is very well synched and the tone souds really good. I'd release it as such if it was up to me (maybe with lyrics ?)

Under My Thumb : the tone needs re-working in my opinion. The sound is too "distant"...maybe grab the tone from 'Paint It Black' ? You'll find it here

Billie Jean : the sync is spot on and the tone sounds goods. You're missing some notes on the G string though so I extracted the GP tab from your CDLC and added them, the modified tab is here. Personally I prefer to play the riff on the 9th frets of the A and E strings rather than on the 4th frets of the D and A strings, less stretch on the left hand.

Thanks for the positive feedback on The Anarchist. Probably not going to do lyrics, though. For the most part I make my customs for myself, and I don't particularly care about the lyrics in the gameplay context. If it's anything exceptionally popular or there are many requests I might do them, but for the most part I'd prefer to spend my time on making other songs I want to play or improving the aspects that are important to my gameplay.

Thanks for the tone advice on Under My Thumb. I'll try it out.

I'll check out the Billie Jean tab and give comments when I get home. Moving up the fretboard makes sense for helping to manage the hand fatigue, but then you'd have to actually shift your fret hand position during the song :(. Just kidding, it's not that big a deal.

Edited by albatross213

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Here is the modified GP5 tab for Under My Thumb. I changed the bass path to make it look like the one I have, I also added a 2nd bass tab because there seems to be a second bass with a fuzz note that plays during the choruses. Also I trimmed the lead and rhythm paths here and there using a tab I found here (very good site for tabs!). I'm not a guitar player though so you're very welcome to ignore my modifications if you don't like them! :)

(Click me)

** See my releases and WIP here **

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

Here is the modified GP5 tab for Under My Thumb. I changed the bass path to make it look like the one I have, I also added a 2nd bass tab because there seems to be a second bass with a fuzz note that plays during the choruses. Also I trimmed the lead and rhythm paths here and there using a tab I found here (very good site for tabs!). I'm not a guitar player though so you're very welcome to ignore my modifications if you don't like them! :)

Most of the modifications ot the guitar tab seemed to bring it back in line with the original GP file I used, which was pretty terrible for the lead guitar part (as an example, compare your measure 36 to my measure 36, to what's in the song here. You don't have to be a guitarist to know that ain't right. The tab I used mostly was this, though I think I kept the chords "bigger" like in the other version. At the very least, this tab managed to have the right number of notes in a reasonable rhythmic progression throughout the song, which most of the other tabs did not.). Might be better for the rhythm part, which I'll check soon.

For bass, some of the changes have the wrong rhythm (part of the reason why I had to change the bass tab significantly in the first place), but the chorus sounds more right (though I think I'll move the low A's to the open A string), and the different hand positions probably make more sense, so I'll make those changes too. Thanks!

Edit: Is the main change you made to the rhythm part the intro? I'm pretty sure that's the marimbas, and I'm not about to go through trying to make a tone for that, so I think I'm going to leave that out.

Edit2: UMG went on a takedown rampage yesterday, so I update the youtube link.

Edited by albatross213

New version of Under My Thumb is up. Revamped bass tab, changed tuning to A442 (marimba tuning), in case that's closer to the actual tuning. Also newer version of the bass tab (guitar tab's in this file but hasn't changed much save for polishing). 

@@Aludog - if you could have a look at measures 33-34 in the bass tab and compare with the corresponding parts in the song to check if they're right that would be a big help. I think the rhythm is right, but I'm not sure about the pitch there, as I'm still kind of lost without a model to guide me.

Edit: People in comments on some guitar pro tabs seem to indicate the tuning is a half step down. Does that sound right? I'll try to make new versions for that.

v1.11: A417 tuning (lazy man's way of tuning to Eb concert/marimba pitch)

v1.12: A415.3 tuning (lazy man's way of tuning to Eb)

Probably should only have one at a time in your DLC folder.

Edited by albatross213

A few new updates before I go to bed.

Disillusion - tone adjustments. Volume for distortion, sensitivity setting for Wah.

Opeth - Deliverance. Fixed what lead plays during the outro bit when it's playing chords. Increased tone volumes for distortion and clean guitar.

COC - Albatross - New bass tab. Haven't tried playing it yet.

Most of the modifications ot the guitar tab seemed to bring it back in line with the original GP file I used, which was pretty terrible for the lead guitar part (as an example, compare your measure 36 to my measure 36, to what's in the song here. You don't have to be a guitarist to know that ain't right. The tab I used mostly was this, though I think I kept the chords "bigger" like in the other version. At the very least, this tab managed to have the right number of notes in a reasonable rhythmic progression throughout the song, which most of the other tabs did not.). Might be better for the rhythm part, which I'll check soon.

Like I said I'm not a guitar player so it's absolutely fine if you keep the lead part like it was, I couldn't tell the difference anyway.

For bass, some of the changes have the wrong rhythm (part of the reason why I had to change the bass tab significantly in the first place)

Which bar seems wrong?

Edit: Is the main change you made to the rhythm part the intro? I'm pretty sure that's the marimbas, and I'm not about to go through trying to make a tone for that, so I think I'm going to leave that out.

Yes it's the marimbas (or vibes) you can hear in the intro. It was trasncribed in the guitar tab I found so I thought I might as well add it in my GP tab.

(Click me)

** See my releases and WIP here **

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

Like I said I'm not a guitar player so it's absolutely fine if you keep the lead part like it was, I couldn't tell the difference anyway.

No worries. It's the type of thing that looks reasonable and sounds OK based on your memory as the song, but as you as you put it in EoF and try to match it to the actual audio...

Which bar seems wrong?

The ones I asked Aludog about, measures 33-35, for example, which correspond to about 1:00-1:06 into the song. Measure 34 in particular has too many notes, and in measure 35 the pause is in the wrong place (and I think even my measure 35 might have too many notes. Might only be three notes played in the last three quarters).

Yes it's the marimbas (or vibes) you can hear in the intro. It was trasncribed in the guitar tab I found so I thought I might as well add it in my GP tab.

It's fine for the GP tab, but I wouldn't know how to do it in Rocksmith. If guitarists eventually want it and are willing to help with the tone, then cool, but otherwise I'm not going to bother.

Edit: Regarding this

Billie Jean : the sync is spot on and the tone sounds goods. You're missing some notes on the G string though so I extracted the GP tab from your CDLC and added them, the modified tab is here.

It definitely sounds to me like there are only the two consecutive notes on the G string, then an eighth rest. Not exactly the same riff transposed up a fourth.

Edited by albatross213

I'm looking at the tab for "Under My Thumb" right now and I can already see quite a few things wrong with it and not only on the measures you mentioned. Give me some time and I'll try to work out a proper bass tab.

Also, it does look like the pitch is not A440 and closer to A430 which I tested by pitch shifting it in Audacity. Playing along with the bass line sounds like it is tune then. For convenience sake, I'd suggest pitch shifting in Audacity anyway, so the player won't have to retune. I always do that for my customs when necessary even if Ubi doesn't bother doing that.

• Like 1

Most other things are looking pretty good. Trying to get the guitar tone volumes dialed in on a few last songs (Opeth - Deliverance and Clutch - 10001110101), and I still would like to polish the tab for the guitar solo for the Leprous song, but other than that I think I'm pretty much ready for tomorrow.

@@Aludog - did some final polishing on the guitar part, and did an Audacity pitch shift from 430 to 440 hertz and produced a .wem from that, so I'm ready for the bass tab whenever it's ready. Ideally this would be the first release, but if you can't finish up by the night time that will be fine. I'll probably start posting songs approximately 16 hours from the time of this post if it's not ready, and sooner if it is ready. Thanks for your help!

Happy birthday, man.

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9ii8tdfswrdx9f/Rolling%20Stones%20-%20Under%20My%20Thumb%20%28Aludog%29.gp5?dl=0

It looks quite different and plays quite differently but this seemed the most interesting and most memorable way to play it, so I went with it. There's alternatives like always but I think you'll see the advantage of playing it like this and it's good pinky practice. :D

I've also realized that I got a lot better at playing with my pinky and I that I subconciously started to use it more in my transcriptions where I previously used ways to avoid it.  :astonished:

• Like 1

Just put it in EoF and it looks fantastic. Thanks!

@@Chicco - Thanks! I'll try to be ready for yours in a few days!

About to get things started, so here's one last thanks to @@then3verend, @@cdeath, @@justgimmethefunk, and @@Aludog. Without your help there's no way these customs would be as good as they are (though it's entirely possible that they still have problems).

After this, I'm planning on continuing on my recent bass kick for a while. In addition to Billie Jean and Runaway, I'm planning on doing some of the Bob Marley that hasn't been done yet, some of The Band (started on Up on Cripple Creek and Jemima Surrender) and the Spinners (I Just Gotta Make It Happen, Mighty Love) for which I mentioned finding texts tabs for their albums in the main post, and some Vulfpeck (Birdwatcher converted from score to GP, working on 1612). Should be some really fun stuff to play. Pretty sure I'll have some other metal projects for "diversions" in the meantime - at the very least I made significant progress on some other Opeth songs, and as usual there are some other obscure bands I'll want to bring onto the Forge.

Again, thanks for all of your help, and I hope you enjoy at least several of the songs!

• Like 1

Happy birthday! Any chance I could request The Rubberband Man or They Just Can't Stop It (The Games People Play) to go with your other Spinners (bass) songs?

Think I should be able to do those. They Just Can't Stop It actually has a power tab (that hopefully gets most things right), and for The Rubberband Man, I was initially a bit concerned by its length but it looks repetitive enough that it won't be a huge project. Thanks for the suggestions!

I have song books for Marley and Robbie Robertson ("Up On Cripple Creek" is in there as well) so I can help you out with the guitar part on those. Just let me know.

Maybe that would make sense. How do you want to arrange it? I let you know what songs I'm working on and send you the GP once I'm confident in it? Or sending you the whole EoF project? Either way, I'll get started on syncing up Cripple Creek so I'm confident in whatever I'll be sending you.

In other news, I'm working on a (potentially pretty big, as most aspects of making them aren't terribly demanding... one tab that I ran into that has some problems, though) Clutch pack. A new song, an old song (both finished except tones), but mostly stuff from Blast Tyrant and Robot Hive / Exodus. 

T-minus whenever it feels right.

The easiest thing for me would be to just send you the tabs so you can use them. I could put the guitar parts into a GP file trying to check them thouroughly but that takes quite some time and I already have a lot on my plate. Just using the song book tabs will get you good enough result for the most part though.

• Like 1

Tons of awesome stuff you have put out over the last week or so. Particularly wanted to thank you for Iced earth. Travel is one of my favorite tracks from them along with The Coming Curse and Atilla. 

I noticed you were looking at doing Lost Horizon-Highlander (The One), before you spend any time on it you should know that Teinashu has done it. Its complete on guitar but I think he is doing the bass and vocals still (he hates to release unfinished stuff). 

I also loved the Death songs you did. Though I still can't believe no one has done their version of Painkiller.....

• Like 1

@@Khellendros - thanks for the heads up regarding Highlander. Teinashu does a good job, so I'll eagerly anticipate his version.

For Iced Earth, doing The Coming Curse is definitely somewhere in the plans. Where exactly in the plans I don't really know, though. Definitely far less stuff from Stormrider through Something Wicked... on here than there should be.

And for Death, I wish I could say that others would step up and do it, but outside of updates there was only one other Death song done in almost a year, so that's probably not realistic. I want to do more Death eventually, and I didn't find getting Death synced to be as hard as other people make it out to be (it's not easy and there were times I had to move every single beat, but it was almost always obvious what the beats actually were, at least on Human), but they're not really in my immediate plans.

@@DanPro777 - No worries! Hope you had a good time away from home!

In other news, I released a pack of Sanctuary tunes last night/this morning for @@Chicco's birthday (I also have done work on Sentient 6, but couldn't even figure out how to do rhythm guitar because of the acoustic, so I haven't released anything. If you want, I could send you a bass only version.). They're a pretty awesome band whose members went on to form Nevermore (and was reformed by them when Nevermore split up). They do a somewhat thrashy band of metal, and Dave Mustaine produced their first album, which is an interesting but random fact.

Progress is coming along on the Clutch pack. Might split it into two, with the songs that were the easiest to work on releasing in several hours, and the songs that need more work (which, sadly include the ones requested by @@xxAn1mAxx - sorry for the wait! Some things are a bit off on Pulaski and some things didn't import right for some reason on The Regulator. Neither should be a huge amount of work to fix, but they do require more work and attention to detail than usual) and a few others in a few days.

Edited by albatross213