Score Attack scoring system

then3verend

Question

So this post is to kind of pose a question on how the scoring system works for Score attack. Different versions of the same song seem to have different scores, I.e. Killing in the name of CDLC had 1200+ notes on Bass, and the Official DLC has roughly 800 notes, yet there is a discrepancy in scores, shown here:

CDLC

http://s2.postimg.org/y8tjet8i1/2014_12_07_00006.jpg

Official DLC

http://s22.postimg.org/pmwubqj69/2014_12_09_00005.jpg

If anyone wants to test this and put it into an algorithm, I am curious as to how note values are judged, maybe if we know how it is used we can use it to boost higher scores(which I know about 1% of people here care about, but it is still something I've been curious about).

Many nice scores on all songs :)

11 answers to this question

You also get more points for "perfect" notes than "good" or "late" .. im sure its a simple points modifier, i just dont know the exact formula.  you can easily test this by playing a few notes, back up and play the same few notes again .. notice that the score will probably be different.  

I know "Perfect" "Good" "Early" and "Late" Each have different values, and those values seem to be the same per note for the difficulty.

What I think it is:
The rate that the multiplier builds up differently based on the total number of notes for the song, which is what I am curious mostly to see how that is determined.

These were the values I get for Johnny B Goode (Total of 495 notes for Bass)

Hard:
Perfect=100

Good=80

Early/Late=60

Master:

Perfect=124

Good=100

Early/Late=74

But these are the values I got for Space Truckin(752 notes):

Hard

Perfect=32

Good=26

Early/Late=19

Master

Perfect=41

Good=32

Early/Late=24

Will test tomorrow for how long it takes for streaks to form, but i find this interesting, and anyone wanting to create a formula/add their own data may do so.

• Like 2

there vvas explanation for rs1 scoring system or vvhat, I tried to reverse multiplier formula, but I failed to do so, vvhat a shame :(

I can search for it(at my hdd) and post here some data, maybe you'll be able to solve it :)

bump on this, I found that explanations, here:
(google this vvords to find source thread at ubi forum)

Getting back to exact score values, each note’s base value = 100,000 / [Total # of notes]
You get a multiplicative bonus based on this base value if you get that particular technique correct

Slides 2.1
Bends 1.8
Sustains .7
Tremolos .6
This is then multiplied by how long you sustained the sound as well: 0% - 100%

Harmonics have a straight .7 multiplier bonus.
Palm mutes and Hopos do not give bonus points.

Additionally if you get a groove bonus, you get 2.5 * the base note value. To determine early, normal, late for sustained techniques, it's based on when you first hit the note.

Everything is multiplied by 2 for Master Mode. When you play a note that is in a phrase that isn’t fully leveled, you multiple the base note value * [Current phrase level] / [Max level of this phrase].

I hope this helps and clarifies some confusion.
-Matt

groove bonus for 3 in a row

++++++++++++++++++
as bonus part of rs tuner logic

function IsNoteInPossibleTuningRange(notePlayed, noteWanted, stringNum)
      local lowest = 0
      local highest = 0
      if stringNum == 0 then
            highest = 4
            lowest = -5
      elseif stringNum == 1 then
            highest = 4
            lowest = -4
      elseif stringNum == 2 then
            highest = 4
            lowest = -4
      elseif stringNum == 3 then
            highest = 3
            lowest = -4
      elseif stringNum == 4 then
            highest = 4
            lowest = -3
      elseif stringNum == 5 then
            highest = 3
            lowest = -4
      end

if notePlayed >= noteWanted + lowest and notePlayed <= noteWanted + highest then
            return true
      end
      return false
end

• Like 1