Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 79

Mortalo

Tried improve my score, and fail, but make video. My main issue for good score, it is correct muting C5 and bend at double stop at 8th fret (seems D3). And off course terrible timing. Hope yet improve quality play, need more practice. 

Look at video and found it very helpful, so found some extra mistake in my play, which not see in game.

Sorry video blocked in German.

• Like 7

I have problems with D7 after D 8th fret bends part. I'm playing the bend with 1st finger, and then making shift to 7th fret for that chord. I tried with my pinky on 10th, but then I was having problems with that D#3. And that vocal sounds so much like RHCP guy, and man, there is no band that I hate more then RHCP. Still, I was able to give this song quite few tries.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@then3verend, you do pops with your thumb?

just kidding you

anyway that's very uncommon spots, you have a very special hand position for that technic it seems.

I played this run a bit sloppy I think, others sounded better. But hey, it's 100% and my best score :P

I used my slap ring to avoid any damage to my thumb and middle finger cause my index had a nice blood blister like yours @@then3verend. The video is still loading but here is the link, it should work in the next hour.

sorry, youtube processing failed

But I don't like the bass tone now. In the video it sounded very mushy. I will rechange it to the guitar tone.

I convert the vid to mp4 and try again.

http://youtu.be/bi7dqzTpzGI

Edited by frippchen
  • Like 6
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Yeah, I really like the sound of it versus the slap, grooves better with the song, but uh...blisters, they suck

EDIT: 

as far as hand position goes, since the low E is hardly used I rest my thumb knuckle on it, thats how i can get those pops on the A with my thumb.

P.S. Dont get blisters on your thumb, they suck to type and other life things with

Many nice scores on all songs :)

another video. have do do some cause my testing time of the software runs out. Think I'm gonna buy the action recorder later.

But now one more Supergroove Your white shirt Lead guitar 99% in LAS. Love the guitar tone

anyone knows how to add a second Playthrough to the record page?

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

@ use "edit" on video topic and "Additional Videos"  press "Add video".

So sorry i can not see your video,want compare how much i need work yet :)

Upd. Now can see. Compared and my video i like more :P  Your a bit noisy, you play a lot muted strings and almost not use palm muting. But your timing much more good.

yes, theyr'e not palm muted. All mutings should be muted by frethand

that are dead notes or ghost notes. You mute all stings with the right hand. I write the tabs in such cases that your fingers can stay in handy positions for the playing before and after dead notes.

I looked for additional videos but can't find it. Now I added the video as music video.

Bump

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/The%20crowing%209329_zps623tcjzz.jpg

Its a bit lonely here in advanced. Some of you Intermediates need to take a leap of faith and join me. ;)

• Like 5

@ I check this custom out this evening. So you did a guitar tab for it :)  I let you know what I think.

Normally you mute the strings that are usually played + all other strings to avoid any unwanted noises, so muting the whole chords should be fine.

@@MaZtoR Can`t stop to play a fun song, and unlike a song Coheed, so if you want fun, you need join there to intermediate and beat my score.  :D

yes this score:

http://i.imgur.com/9TmW7ti.jpg

Found that i always missed not double stop bends, but next note on 4th string, bcs of  a bit continue bend 4th string fingertip (bend was up), so i started play bends down and no more miss there. And yet i follow method by@ with a few frethand muted strings and found it a bit easier, than play at one muted string.

• Like 6

Slap & Pop - 82%, 29 streak

After ~10 minutes of practice, that's what I got. First try donwleveled me, so I'm happy with what I got :D

• Like 6

Exactly One year ago, there was week 27, first week I participated in. And that was really important moment for me, not only cause I became Organizer, but because of one particular band. But let's start with the beginning...

Since seeing Championship back on Anvil, I wanted to give it a try. I wanted to learn how to play first, so I was not following RC at all. Then came the CustomForge age, and I was making progress at filling the DD bars. When I finally could play songs on Hard (well, Breaking the Law was quite easy, but still!), I decided to try myself with Championship. So I was coming from time to time, to check the beginner songs. When it was something like "Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band" I knew that I have practice more, but there were also songs like "I Miss the Misery", which I didn't liked and did not want to participate with.

Late April, Week 27, I went to see what awaits me. Band? Metric. Song? Sick Muse. I had no idea what to expect, never heard about the band. Firstly, I watched the playtrough - "Huh, it looks like something I could do well with". Secondly I gave the try to official video - "That's not bad, not bad at all". So I played it, posted screen and downloaded all other Metric cdlc. Then I listened to their other songs. And I was blown away. First moment I heard Emily Haines sing "Can you hear my heart beating like a hammer", I knew that Metric won't be just other nice band. I become a fan. Phew, before only Metallica and Iron Maiden were making me nod so much.

I don't want to waste your time with this personal crap but Championship introduced me to a band that become quite important to me. So here I want to thank everyone who made that happen: @@Kaijin, @@Joey, other Organizers that I didn't met, @@Aquilae for making wonderful cdlc of wonderful band and whoever selected Sick Muse (awesome guy for sure). Thanks guys, my life become better thanks to you :)

• Like 14

@@Mortalo I`m not fully sure, but probably Metric was my choice.

I should suspect that :ph34r:

Why you make such post, you drinking?  :D

Maybe because I'm not? :lol:

• Like 4

This is what the championships are here for and I love hearing stories like this. I too have found many new bands that I would have never thought to listen to because of the championships and my playing has gotten so much better because of the championships. I am happy that the CS has helped you so much @@Mortalo and I know that if you keep up with it there is no limit as to what you can learn. 

• Like 8