Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 79

Mortalo

@@Mortalo, @@MonstaS4,

Hey! thanks a lot for your answers. Fact is that completely agree with you, practice is the most perfect companion to progress. My personnel journal reminds me this point everyday

As a matter of fact, I already have some significant progress lately with chord changes thanks to Manson's CDLC "Running to the edge..." and "4 rusted horses" and lots of practice on the side

However, I felt really humble in front of this nirvana's song as bar chord changes are frequent. With your explanation, I completely understand now why this is an "easy" song. I guess I won't be able to submit my result this week, but this Nirvana's song will serve as a great training ground then.

As for the Justin's routine. I've used it lately for open chords. I just did not thought to use it for bar chords :p do thanks for the reminder and thanks again for your answers

• Like 1

So just doing some math, the score i have up is very beatable, the max you could get (without sustain bonus) is roughly 2.6 Million with all perfects...

I am trying to understand how the scoring system works in Rocksmith, to see if we can calculate how close 100%'s are to perfect :D

It's always the question of accurate synchronizing. In many customs you have to play too early to get a perfect, so a perfect score doesn't mean a perfect playing. And I also cannot believe that someone who's new to the bass plays such a score with slapping. Surely a video would give more credit to it.

Video will be up Thursday

I'm not that new to bass, I did have one before I lived on my own. I loved the funk and groove of the slap so I either am not slapping the right way or Rocksmith gave me some leeway. All I know is my plucking hand plays the strings like a piano to get that slap sound.

• Like 3

Many nice scores on all songs :)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

So just doing some math, the score i have up is very beatable, the max you could get (without sustain bonus) is roughly 2.6 Million with all perfects...

I am trying to understand how the scoring system works in Rocksmith, to see if we can calculate how close 100%'s are to perfect :D

It's always the question of accurate synchronizing. In many customs you have to play too early to get a perfect, so a perfect score doesn't mean a perfect playing. And I also cannot believe that someone who's new to the bass plays such a score with slapping. Surely a video would give more credit to it.

Video will be up Thursday

I'm not that new to bass, I did have one before I lived on my own. I loved the funk and groove of the slap so I either am not slapping the right way or Rocksmith gave me some leeway. All I know is my plucking hand plays the strings like a piano to get that slap sound.

if you like funky basses you will like this one too (hope the link works)

It's a song of my old Band Krakatit recorded on summer 1998. At this track I played the bass, we often changed our instruments. Unfortunately this song is impossible to chart, cause our producer turned the pitch wheel to the max and at some several parts he turned it down to the min, so not only the speed changes there, also tuning goes up and down (but sounds funny), and live we played that normal of course. For the Intro and some other songs we had a parrot in the studio that shit on all carpets :lol:

At this time I played all pops with my middle finger... but now I can change easily between index, middle and ring finger if one starts to hurt

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

:)  It answer why i played more 21 times and my fingers yet is live. I too used for to start ring finger then when i feel pain, change to middle finger for pops, and then again pain, and stop practice.

@@lostpapers I hope you read this useful topic. So post your score, even if it  now is not great score, and continue practice and post yet score. We look forward to witnessing the growth of your skill. May be there appear any tips and support to you. Become a member of our small friendly community. :) And yet you can easy gain cool "skull" award  B)

• Like 4

First score this week. Not sure how much time i'll have :P

http://i.imgur.com/wxTJ4nk.jpg

• Like 5

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

@@lostpapers - yeah, but regarding practice there is one very very important fact not to overlook:

You gotta practice your level of difficulty or below, playing songs way above ones skill level will sabotage the progress.

Thats why the CS is the perfect place to practice cause you get songs of your diff level, approved by a bunch of other players each week and are forced to do a proper amount of runs to get better if you wanna be able to compete.

I for myself didnt know how to hold the strings about a half year ago, surely far off from being any decent, but beginner songs, they can be played in the majority of cases.

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Why there rate setted 8? it seems very easy bass line, my rate 5-6.

I thought it's hard! There is string skipping, fret skipping. And it's long! I felt it's overall more difficult then Coheed bass, cause Crowing has only one difficult part. But ok, GazettE bass goes down to 6.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Didn't want the MC bass guys to be the only 100%-ers.

http://i.imgur.com/weHFe2q.jpg

Didn't feel like this was my cleanest take for the most part. There were a couple of spots where I was astonished that I wasn't given a miss. Also shifted a few things from the A string to the D string (it's downtuned, but you know what I mean) as I felt they fit in more naturally that way (and I suck at shifting my hand along the fretboard).

• Like 6

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

puh, I'm glad it's over. 1. Idont't like this song

2. the tabbing is , ähm, not very decent

3. Note recognition is worse, I suspect a sloppy syncing.

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150429/swknuzll.jpg

@@Latsch sorry for kicking you again from 1st

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

this one for the lead

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150429/g4el4d2a.jpg

thumb with slapring and pops with middlefinger since I have a blister on index

the video of this run follows, upload needs a while

about 700 minutes for 5 GB :o

Edited by frippchen
  • Like 6

1 try bass for DHM, last score of week ;(

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qj9745.jpg

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.