Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 79

Mortalo

An hour on the Gazette bass and I'm up to over 97%

For advance bass, this one seems way easier than Warp Asylum last week.  But then again, I find The Man Who Sold The World a little too tricky for beginner level.  I'll work on both this week just 'cuz I'm a Bowie fan from waaay back.  The bass lines on most songs from Ziggy Stardust are challenging.  I might have to submit one or two for the Challenge.

• Like 5

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

and here comes the frippchen bass slap video

• Like 15
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I've been having elbow pain for the last few weeks. I have researched it , and I might have to take 4-8 weeks off to recover the tendons. It appears I could cause serious damage if I keep at it. It hurts to open the lid on my water bottle at this point.  I have been playing through the pain until now. I do not know what I'll do without playing everyday. Maybe I can work on my right hand some. Get my speed up and string skipping I guess.

I think I'll probably post a score once a week in my class to keep my diehard status, but I will not be competitive. I have had a great run, and I really appreciate what everyone does around here to organize this. Also, the people who put time in to make the customs rock! I have had a great run, and I look forward to coming back with a vengeance.

Geno

• Like 9

.....Seems in a song by Nirvana is wrong chords. 3 section second  appearance row of chords "A" wrong sounds. Anyone hear it?

I agree. Sounds closer to a C chord to my untrained and inexperienced ears.

Supergroove song is easy to hit the right notes.....hard to get the mutes in the right places to sound right.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hu73lveq72ctsna/221680_2015-04-26_00002.png?dl=0

• Like 6

I've been having elbow pain for the last few weeks. I have researched it , and I might have to take 4-8 weeks off to recover the tendons. It appears I could cause serious damage if I keep at it. It hurts to open the lid on my water bottle at this point.  I have been playing through the pain until now. I do not know what I'll do without playing everyday. Maybe I can work on my right hand some. Get my speed up and string skipping I guess.

I think I'll probably post a score once a week in my class to keep my diehard status, but I will not be competitive. I have had a great run, and I really appreciate what everyone does around here to organize this. Also, the people who put time in to make the customs rock! I have had a great run, and I look forward to coming back with a vengeance.

Geno

That's not good. :(

Best of luck with your recovery - you may find that if you stop completely it'll get better quite soon.  If you do post a score for DH status make sure you check your playing position.  :unsure:

/I'm not a doctor!  :D

• Like 2

@ Thank you very much for video. Awesome play. It helpful for understanding how it must be sounds on this cdlc. View at hands not very help me :)

How right mute string?

1 Muted notes -  in lesson it muted  frethand. Right?

2. Other strings? 

And why so much miss on right notes? Same a lot miss  in lesson RS on open E What is trick?

• Like 2

man o man, I need to enter a few songs into the RNG list. I was never a big fan of Bowie, a few songs I really liked, but The man who sold the world wasn't one of them. Added to my overall taste in music stopping dead at the stroke of 1990 leaves Nirvanas cover completely unheard of before lol

I can't get a feel for the Coheed song, usually I can pick up the beat and life of a song for a better phrase, but I just can't feel this. Still haven't leveled all the bars on it, so maybe the DD isn't helping there, needs more listening time.

As to the A-Chords problem on Nirvana, at this point Colonel Hathi could lead his elephant brigade through my house and no one would notice over my terrilble rendition :)

@ great play through, I might even give that track a try. I have attempted slap before but it usually sounds like I am throwing harps down the stairs and given the time of night I tend to practice, the neighbours and sleeping kiddiwinkles find the racket, displeasing :) was good to see a customforgian spank planks :D

• Like 4

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

And why so much miss on right notes? Same a lot miss  in lesson RS on open E What is trick?

In that lesson, I got few consecutive runs, when I was missing the 4th open E (1st part of the lesson). I was doing exactly same thing with other ones, that RS (and my ear) told is ok. But that 4th was like "I hate you". After many runs I got it, but that was only the 4th one that I got any miss in that part of the lesson, never on previous notes or later one.

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@, fretting hand mutes strings, thats right. Try to mute all strings except the one you play

Try to hit the string with your thumb near the upper fretboard and move your thumb quickly back and try to get that bouncing sound. That needs any practice.

Haha, it's the second video I have uploaded but cannot watch in Germany without any proxy

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Geno

That's not good. :(

Best of luck with your recovery - you may find that if you stop completely it'll get better quite soon.  If you do post a score for DH status make sure you check your playing position.  :unsure:

/I'm not a doctor!  :D

I'm sure my awful playing posture has a lot to do with the injury.

• Like 1

Also from me a Happy Birthday @@xDatBoiSOBLE&@@Francoel19

and 3 days back of course @@Shiroo

so many birthdays this time

@@Mortalo you maybe forgot to update my scores, I think the video counts with 99%, I didn't expect to get a higher one than in SA. Was just for the playthrough better looking in LAS. also my Supergroove Lead Score :)

• Like 3

Hey everyone :D

First of all happy bday @@xDatBoiSOBLE and @@Francoel19 !!

Managed to play a bit this weekend so here it goes

Int lead:

http://s22.postimg.org/lbhnoaf1d/rocksmith.jpg

Kind of like this result didnt expect this good to be honest B)

Beg ryth:

http://s30.postimg.org/ve7f0la2p/Rocksmith_rhythm.jpg

I bet I can do way better than this but I'm getting some misses not even knowing why..maybe the palm mutes? not sure..

Rock on! ;)

• Like 4

Thank you guys for the Happy Birthdays!! Now its time to come back and kill it in this weeks championship :D I'll post videos and scores soon!

yeah, great, let's have a slap battle :D

but with basses

• Like 5

@ I seen your video, but I didn't knew you got better score (or that it was different run). So when song was over I just quit. It's there now :)

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

start the week

first on my lead cat

http://i59.tinypic.com/2v9s00k.jpg

• Like 6

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

http://i.imgur.com/wumjfr3.jpg

I love slap/pop songs like this!! Im not really good at the slapping (always tend to hit the E string when I'm trying to slap the A string) I wanted to go ahead and upload this picture, while the video to this run is uploading!! First place for the birthday boy :D

• Like 9