Locked Song Selection List (Work in progress)

Joey

I just added this little gem to the Database. I'm still awaiting community feedback to perfect it (I'm not good enough to play it fully - but we need goals, right?) - so you might want to keep an eye on it for the Pro Masterclass.

Extreme - He-Man Woman Hater, with the Flight of the Wounded Bumble Bee intro.

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/he-man-woman-hater-incl-intro-r5132

Sorry, I thought masterclass was for quite good players that wanted a challenge. An hour with riff repeater and that track is perfectly playable fir someone that is already fairly proficient. It wasn't intended for beginners - but fir high level players.

Here is a good intermediate song: http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/allumer-le-feu-r4106

Yes I know it's a french one, but according to me it kick ass and it's very fun to play... ;)

I have just downloaded that on your advice :) I love some fromage rock ;)

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

@@ZagatoZee If you will participate, add to Song selection list. your a song.  i just saying that your CDLC more hard then Megadeth now. And only a few participants can get >90 for the week.

Personally for my, more interesting challenge where i can get >98%, it means a song learned. Learning with finish accuracy <90% it is not a bit of fun and detrimental to the playing technique( when speed=100%).

I am somewhat reluctant to suggest any songs here, because sometimes the bass difficulty is way different than guitar difficulty.

That being said, I tried to pick out a few of my favorite CDLC's that I think are extremely well put together (and follow the restrictions here so they have at least lead and bass tracks, etc.), and I'll give a difficulty rating based on the bass part ONLY:

Beginner/Easy:

Death Cab For Cutie - Soul Meets Body  by deaf42 -- Guitar part might be / probably is harder.

Intermediate:

Offspring - You're Gonna Go Far, Kid  by Xyber -- Probably borderline between beginner/intermediate.

Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know by ZZleeZZ -- Fantastic custom, has been mentioned before so is probably in the list already.  Another one that could go here or beginner.

Danzig - Twist of Cain by ... by all means, I guess this one came from SA and hasn't been ported here yet.  Guess I'll leave it listed.

Nightwish - Nemo by Soilman or SmellyOrc -- I've tried Soilman's version and I know it is solid on bass.  Both sources have lead parts, not sure if the lead guitar would be the same difficulty level.  Probably just fairly rapid power chords, so might fit here just fine.

Master Class:

Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name Of by BHMath -- Very fun to play on bass, tough but not TOO tough.  My personal best is a 98.x% accuracy.  Dunno how guitar part compares.

Tool - Lateralus by Unleashed2k -- Great bass song that I want to get better at.  I can manage in the 97% range now.  Again, dunno about guitar difficulty in comparison.

Daft Punk - Get Lucky by UKLooney -- Really fun, fast, jazzy bass part.  I can play it with very few misses at 90-95% speed, but at 100% speed I struggle to get better than 97% accuracy.  I think this might be one of those few songs where the guitar part is actually easier than the bass, but maybe not.

Metallica - Orion by ... whoops, again, I guess this one (Puppets album version) must have come from SA.  I think Nino83 did the original one I had, but then somebody else (Glen?) made another version that was probably more accurate and had better section divides.  This song is sorta the holy grail for me, I'm pretty pleased that I can manage >90% accuracy (I think my best is somewhere around 96-97%, but that is with Rocksmith being very forgiving on not actually doing all of the triplets correctly, etc.).  But, it is good to have a goal and pretty much every time I try again after a week or a month off I can improve on my accuracy after knocking the rust off.

I actually went through my song list in Rocksmith and wrote down 10 potential songs... just in the A's.  After that I limited what I wrote down to personal favorites, and still came up with a list of about 50 songs.  The list above is trimmed down from that, making sure that the song has at least lead and bass.  But anyway, I could definitely list more.

• Like 1

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

@@thecatinthehat Welcome  aboard :)

And if you want join, you can yet post your score on a song for this w.challenge.

As well as will be good if you add your selected song to Song selction list. 

And before, please check in your selected song: at least available lead, bass part and working  RR. 

p.s This was - Motorhead - Ace of Spades (Look in song selection list 2 page : "Songs played"

@@thecatinthehat Welcome  aboard :)

And if you want join, you can yet post your score on a song for this w.challenge.

As well as will be good if you add your selected song to Song selction list. 

And before, please check in your selected song: at least available lead, bass part and working  RR. 

p.s This was - Motorhead - Ace of Spades (Look in song selection list 2 page : "Songs played"

Thanks.

I just added my two songs

• 2 weeks later...

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/floods-r5678

Please add this to the master list, it would be interesting to see how well people could pull off dimebag darrel's solo. I ain't in the championship so i prob have no voice here, but it is something you must all agree deserves to be put in.

@@Replicators Thanks for hint, a nice song. But i tnink for challenge it is not very good choice, because it is in tuning C#. Only a few men will can play it with their guitar and string.

No, i don't think that's the case, i think it's because there is a certain tuning people do not like to go under. Personally i think it is a great choice just because of dimebags solo which would be so hard to pull off accurately that is. You should play the cdlc yourself, instead of dismissing (No disrespect meant by how i worded that) just because its not a popular tuning.

I will add this to the list as it should definitely be in MC class but the tuning on the CDLC is difficult for people because Rocksmith has a problem detecting notes when the tuning is below drop D or D standard. Please forgive @ as his english isn't that great but he is learning. This is all he meant to say as far as the tuning is concerned. We have had many songs in lower tunings give us problems with note recognition and it makes it not as fun when you have to fight with the game to recognize that you are playing the note. As I said I will add it to the list. Thank you for your submission. 

• Like 2

As an aside I want to apologize for not adding more songs to this list on a regular basis as it is extremely time consuming and I just don't have enough time for it. I do ask that people keep posting here with the songs that they think should be in what difficulty and I will add it to the list as I have time. Thank you to all who have contributed to this list. 

I will add this to the list as it should definitely be in MC class but the tuning on the CDLC is difficult for people because Rocksmith has a problem detecting notes when the tuning is below drop D or D standard. Please forgive @ as his english isn't that great but he is learning. This is all he meant to say as far as the tuning is concerned. We have had many songs in lower tunings give us problems with note recognition and it makes it not as fun when you have to fight with the game to recognize that you are playing the note. As I said I will add it to the list. Thank you for your submission. 

Thank you for better explanation to this suggestion, and it makes sense now. I didn't mean to sound disrespectful to Motive in any sense, this is just a legendary song that i am very and i am sure many as well are emotionally attached to for sentimental reasons.

• Administrator

I think that the on disc Satch Boogie by Joe Satriani would be cool to have on MC.

And Rains of castamere meets metal by eric calderone will soon have a bass part available.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cant belive Metallica - Nothing else matters wasn't done yet :P

It is not super hard, but still it should be mc i think. (Maybe int, but a quite hard int)

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/nothing-else-matters-r2181

Red hot chili peppers - Californication

Cool song, not too hard. It has one of the easiest solos i ever played, but still sounds pretty cool. Would fit for int.

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/californication-r3545

What im really loving at the moment: Dire Straits - Sultans of swing

Its not as hard as I thought in advance, and it has such awesome little riffs in it.

But its a lot of work if you want to do the entire song. Definitifely masterclass.

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/sultans-of-swing-r3253

My favorite: Red hot chili peppers - Under the bridge

Epic song, so nice to play. Masterclass. With enough patience even feasible for intermediate players. (Dont let you fool by the first part, its quiet difficult at the beginning, just ignore it for the first times and get it on later)

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/under-the-bridge-r3573

Boston - Peace of mind

Turn up difficulty to max and be suprised how nice that song is :).  Probably Masterclass. Also here feasible for int players, but a lot of work.

Aviable in Rocksmith 2014

Mary jane's last dance

I played it so often and still don't get it satisfying. Masterclass.

Most of those songs i will play at least another 50 times. Even if they require a lot of time, for me it would be so worth being able to play them :) Would be nice to see one of it in the Championship sometime! B)

• Like 1

Cant belive Metallica - Nothing else matters wasn't done yet :P

It is not super hard, but still it should be mc i think. (Maybe int, but a quite hard int)

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/nothing-else-matters-r2181

Red hot chili peppers - Californication

Cool song, not too hard. It has one of the easiest solos i ever played, but still sounds pretty cool. Would fit for int.

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/californication-r3545

What im really loving at the moment: Dire Straits - Sultans of swing

Its not as hard as I thought in advance, and it has such awesome little riffs in it.

But its a lot of work if you want to do the entire song. Definitifely masterclass.

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/sultans-of-swing-r3253

My favorite: Red hot chili peppers - Under the bridge

Epic song, so nice to play. Masterclass. With enough patience even feasible for intermediate players. (Dont let you fool by the first part, its quiet difficult at the beginning, just ignore it for the first times and get it on later)

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/under-the-bridge-r3573

Boston - Peace of mind

Turn up difficulty to max and be suprised how nice that song is :).  Probably Masterclass. Also here feasible for int players, but a lot of work.

Mary jane's last dance

I played it so often and still don't get it satisfying. Masterclass.

Most of those songs i will play at least another 50 times. Even if they require a lot of time, for me it would be so worth being able to play them :) Would be nice to see one of it in the Championship sometime! B)

Thank you for the additions to the list I will add them to the first post when i get a chance. As for them showing up in the championship, the easiest way to get that to happen is for you to add your name to the list located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjwrZsjBtcJEdFBlVHJfRzF3Z2VxWEkzUEN2MTZnTkE#gid=0

and add the songs to that list. The way we choose the songs for each week are taken from this spreadsheet and we encourage everyone to add their name and song choices to the list each week. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...