Locked Song Selection List (Work in progress)

Joey

• 1 month later...

I notice a "Da Capo Challenge" list has been added at the bottom.  Are we still allowed 4 songs in the list above?

I guess my question is pretty irrelevant really, as you can just ignore any suggestions I make if you don't like them or if they're no good anyway... :)

@@missis sumner You're still allowed 4 selection in the list above :)

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I'm kind of confused with all the different song lists on the spread sheet.  I've been adding my requests to the "Song Selection List" for requests that have both a lead and bass part, the "Only Bass Songs" list for selections that have no lead part (may or may not have rhythm), and the "Only Guitar Songs" list for selections that have no bass part (including some selections that have only rhythm parts that might be interesting to fill in the rhythm competitions).  I hope these are the correct places to put them in.

Only Bass - songs that have no guitars in it, or guitars are just background (there are those music genres, I'm not familiar with them though).

Only Guitar - songs that have no bass at all. It's extremely rare, as all genres have basses (there may be some accoustic/semi-accoustic guitar only songs, like Rodrigo y Gabriela).

Song Selection List main tab is for songs with at least one guitar path (lead or rhythm) and bass. So @, you can put those Mastodon songs there :)

Hmmm, I may have made a mistake with my song selection, unless someone can tell me what I'm supposed to be playing here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKVm5LMi1uTG9wMEE/view?usp=sharing

And here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKZ0RZcmpyLXNtTm8/view?usp=sharing

Is the tab wrong, or am I being stupid?

It's Vampyre of Time and Memory, QOTSA.  Sorry, I forgot about this when I chose it… 

• 2 months later...

My comments pertaining to the "Extra Comments" posted on my entries in the Song Selection List

“Dave Brubeck Quartet; Take Five:
  Boring lead, and very boring bass - 3 repeated notes thoguhtl song) The bad choice for CS.”

Might not be so boring for beginners.  Although the bass line is mostly only 3 notes, maintaining a steady rhythm of 3 good notes for that length of time can be a challenge and an exercise for beginners.

“Antônio Carlos Jobim; Águas de Março (The Waters of March):
 The song for acoustic quitar”

Is there something wrong with playing acoustic guitar?

I tried to come up with some selections that are different, interesting, and in some cases suitable for beginners.  At any rate, I thought the selections were meant to be my choices for selections in the rotation when my number gets called.  I'll be removing my bad, boring selections now.

That's a shame @@KJParsley, while I feel everyone is entitled to their opinion on a song whether it be positive, indifferent or negative I also feel that opinion shouldn't affect the song being chosen. If the CDLC is broken in any path, sure, scrap it if it can't be fixed, but I don't think you should remove your choices.

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

I make such comment  "boring" of point view (as i think) that it not interesting to play most of participants in during week. there was complains about such songs, and was only a few scores for week. I want say, that a song must be interesting to play in during full week for most participants.

Personally for me no matter i like or don`t like a song, also we not use the personal taste  for prefer selection a song from SSL. Always using random generator and then testing every of chooses cdlc. If all ok, then this choice setup for the next week.

About acoustic version, it is the bad choice bcs of for good to play need the wide fretboard like at acoustic guitar (look at fretboard bass guitar, where finger picking regular deal), and need the long nails for recognition RS, else it pain to play at electric lead guitar. and there no many participants who have electro-acoustic guitar and long nails (or spicial picks). It same issue as is drop tuning (D, C..) for beginners.

@KJParsley Please do not take offense, i like your taste, i only tried care about interest most of participants (yes, may be some time i`m wrong, i human and my opinion anyway subjective)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Rocksmith Championship Organizer

If there's a song we've already played long time ago, but the cdlc has significant changes/ big update, is it possible to add it again to the SSL as reuglar, not Da Capo? Would be nice specifically since most of the actual competitors didn't played it and it's a really great tune.

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

• 2 weeks later...

im gonna say this right now.....just pick somthing from me.

Im not trying to sound egotistical but i think only two of my songs have EVER been on here and one of them isnt mine anymore (Angel of Death) 

Im kinda baffled that i have made over 300 songs here and ive only been on here twice....the hell does that happen?

im gonna say this right now.....just pick somthing from me.

Im not trying to sound egotistical but i think only two of my songs have EVER been on here and one of them isnt mine anymore (Angel of Death) 

Im kinda baffled that i have made over 300 songs here and ive only been on here twice....the hell does that happen?

I have a guess: Most of the bands that you create CDLC for are intermediate to advanced level. There's a TON of CDLC for these difficulty levels. 

If you want your customs in the CS, I suggest doing what @@Shiroo does: Add your best CDLC to the list!  We are always in dire need of really easy and really hard lead arrangements - if you add a few masterclass and a few beginner songs your songs will get picked  very quickly.

• Like 1

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, the rules for song selections say the selection must have been tested before being nominated.  My guitar skills are really poor and I've really only played bass for a while now anyway...can I suggest based on just the bass path without testing the lead?

Yes. That's what our outher bass-only participants do. We always do check songs before selecting them for the week, though we won't always spot all mistakes :)

• Like 1