The Soul/Funk Appreciation Society

justgimmethefunk

whats up yall. first off want to thank all of you in here for making these songs available to learn. They have given me countless hours of enjoyment, not only for myself but for my 5 kids as well. I've searched far and wide on this site for either cdlcs made or in progress of St. Paul and The Broken Bones.  Not sure if theyre just not on anyones radar yet, but this band should definitely be up on that list with the old soul masters.  This is the first band in an extremely long time that from the first note on their album had me hooked. I figured this was the best place to ask if anything is in progress, and if they are not on the radar i figured i would put them on it. once again thanks for all you guys do and hope for some st paul cdlcs soon. 

First song of the album:

• Like 3

A massive update today, with almost 20 songs added to the database in just a couple of days! Lots of ABBA, more Stevie Wonder, some Delegation, Brothers Johnson, Four Tops....and we are eagerly waiting for the James Jamerson 3-pack that @@bernixix promised a few days ago  :D

Congrats and thanks to all charters for making the CF community a very funky place!

• Like 3

(Click me)

** See my releases and WIP here **

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

A massive update today, with almost 20 songs added to the database in just a couple of days! Lots of ABBA, more Stevie Wonder, some Delegation, Brothers Johnson, Four Tops....and we are eagerly waiting for the James Jamerson 3-pack that @@bernixix promised a few days ago  :D

Congrats and thanks to all charters for making the CF community a very funky place!

More ABBA including an updated Ring Ring incoming this week Funk.  Think I'm obsessed with those basslines atm.

• Like 1

Just came across this rare shot of our hero James Jamerson, seen here with drummer Benny Benjamin aka 'Papa Zita' :

http://www.lamusiqueestatoutlemonde.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/zita.jpg

• Like 4

(Click me)

** See my releases and WIP here **

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

whats up yall. first off want to thank all of you in here for making these songs available to learn. They have given me countless hours of enjoyment, not only for myself but for my 5 kids as well. I've searched far and wide on this site for either cdlcs made or in progress of St. Paul and The Broken Bones.  Not sure if theyre just not on anyones radar yet, but this band should definitely be up on that list with the old soul masters.  This is the first band in an extremely long time that from the first note on their album had me hooked. I figured this was the best place to ask if anything is in progress, and if they are not on the radar i figured i would put them on it. once again thanks for all you guys do and hope for some st paul cdlcs soon. 

First song of the album:

Whoa, this is great music.  How have I never heard of this band?  I will be adding this group to my to-do basslines queue.

Thx a million for this.  It's becoming increasingly rare I run across such good modern music which I had no idea existed previously.  This whole album sounds like it was recorded in the late 60s/early 70s.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...