The Soul/Funk Appreciation Society

justgimmethefunk

I'll make a new version of the banner to reflect the name change of the group to simply "Soul/Funk/R&B Society". It will be the same otherwise.

And yeah, I've joined the CRC when they opened up their social group but it's not like I haven't done any Classic Rock before. It just nice to have someone to get concrete feedback from or maybe even some help in creating the custom.

I like to think that we can do the same here as well, so feel free to use the Charter Collaboration forum in the social group to get feedback and help from other charting members.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got an email, I got a response on my message I left here yesterday. But both my post and response are gone?

Anyway David Bowie must be on the list. But right now I'm very busy with school untill the 6th of June. After I can make a list.

Anyways words of George Clinton himself:

"We Want The Funk," I was biting off David Bowie. Faaaame! Weeeeee want the funk! I would be sued like Robin Thicke right now. I would be in trouble. Because the beat and the feel—I didn't copy the melody, because if you copy seven notes of the melody, that's what the copyright law is. But the feel. I just added the silent parts that he didn't say. It's the same feel. Of course David Bowie had funk! You don't know David Bowie if you ask whether he had funk.

http://www.thefader.com/2015/05/14/how-to-stay-cool-as-fuck-forever-according-to-george-clinton

Also The Clash is very funky. 

Magnificent Seven

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/the-magnificent-seven-r8405

My music collection:

Discogs

• 2 weeks later...

I've uploaded the song on customforge

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/flashlight-r14874

OLD POST:

I made Parliament (Funkadelic) - Flashlight. It is not right yet. I see some notes are played to early. BASS!

EDIT2: Uploaded a new version. You can find the song in Rocksmith as PFUNK - Flashlight. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0ZGNGBNIL8

Can I have some feedback? Before I upload it on Customforge

•  
  • What Tone should I use?   
  • How do I add that thing above the song :P (so you can go in Riff Repeat, and select a part you want to play) 

DOWNLOAD CLICK ME

Not sure if the song works on ps3, xbox but it works on PC. 

http://oi58.tinypic.com/8x6c8h.jpg

My music collection:

Discogs

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

List updated with the latest Sade tracks

Frankly, with Sade's song catalog, we could do a "Sade Appreciation Society".  :lol:

"This is a slippery slope, a Bass is a 'gateway' instrument." - Portlandia  S4E4
       Own a Guitar, but not a Bass?  Use Rocksmith's Bass Emulator Mode to get low & funky today!   

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, please give this a try, is Jackson 5 Blame it on the boogie.

If you can give me feedback on what to fix and  HOW-TO do it, that would be great... for example I think there is a lot of slap going on on that A string and I don't know how to change it :S. also I´m having a hard getting the game to display the phases the wright way

Any help is welcome! the better I learn how to use EoF the more I can contribute to the customsforge community!

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Hey Guys, please give this a try, is Jackson 5 Blame it on the boogie.

If you can give me feedback on what to fix and  HOW-TO do it, that would be great... for example I think there is a lot of slap going on on that A string and I don't know how to change it :S. also I´m having a hard getting the game to display the phases the wright way

Any help is welcome! the better I learn how to use EoF the more I can contribute to the customsforge community!

I'll give it a go. I tried to open the tab with the RS to Tab tool cause I suspect any issues there which can cause problems with sections in RS, but it failed, couldn't be loaded in Guitar Pro 6. Anyway it's important that all bars are filled with the correct lenghts of notes and rests, otherwise the sections won't working. Slaps and pops I always add in Guitar Pro when I create a tab. But in EoF you can easily highligt one or more notes, press "n" and there you'll find also options for Slap and Pop and other techs.

If you share the tab I can take a look into.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

frippchen I think you need to delete some old mails, is not allowing me to send you a private message... anyway sorry everyone else for going a bit outside of topic here.

I put the EoF files and the GP in a folder in my dropbox (or you can click here). maybe I´m asking a bit too much, but if you find the problem, would you mind taking few screen shots pointing me what you did to fix it? btw, thanks for telling me that the "n" is for note... again, im a newby here... I think i´ll start transforming all my CDLC to make them 5 string friendlier... so far I just make the math in my head 
but between "n" and the "Precise Select Like" it should be easy... and i will start giving that B the use it deserves :)

• Like 1

@@Jokkah I might have an idea about your phrases/section problem. When you created the sections in EoF (intro, verse, chorus etc...), did you check the 'Also Add as RS Phrase' tick button in Beat > Rocksmith > Place RS Section ?

(Click me)

** See my releases and WIP here **

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

Latest updates :

The Trammps - Disco Inferno

Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)

James Brown - Soul Power

Kool & The Gang - Fresh

Martha & The Vandellas - Nowhere To Run

Hall & Oates - Maneater

Hall & Oates - One on One

Hall & Oates - Private Eyes

Hall & Oates - Sara Smile

Hall & Oates - Say It Isn't So

Keep 'em coming !!

• Like 1

(Click me)

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

I just find this, i never thought this three gods was on stage at the same time.

We could say they have a diiferent way to show their love to the public.

Incredible video!!! Prince doesn't give a damn about it !

(Click me)

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list