Rihanna (all of them) > Nay

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five - The Message > Yay

Sade > Yay

Katy Perry > Nay

Britney > Who?

Hall & Oates > Why not? 

Madonna > Yay for Like A Virgin, Material Girl would be a Nay though

China Girl and Let's Dance by David Bowie > Nay

All the other songs, I need to listen to them first cause I've never heard of them (the songs, not the artists).

• Like 2

(Click me)

** See my releases and WIP here **

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

I pretty much agree with all justgimmethefunk said. It seems were on the same wave length here for the most part. I'm not really familiar with some of the here mentioned artists but I know their general style from songs played on the radio and would make the same general asumptions about them. Going on a song by song basis seems very time intensive to me though, so I wouldn't necessarily want to go through them all and single out genre suitable tracks. Judging artists or at least albums on a whole is more my style but I mentioned that already.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Here's some funky stuff made in the 90's I have in my customs

Supergroove - Sitting Inside My Head

Supergroove - Your White Shirt

Gotcha - Naked

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Thanks for the input @@Aludog

Does anybody else want to share ideas, opinions? Do you agree or disagree? @LaceyB @ArnoldRimmer @Leorstef @@bernixix and everyone.

Sorry, I work during the weekends and early part of the week so I might have a delayed response to questions, sometimes ... :)

Here are my votes (of course, this is highly subjective) :

Alicia Keys - If I Aint Got You > Yay

Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar > Yay

Black Eyed Peas (all of them) > Nay 

Bruno Mars (all of them) > I'd say yay, especially 'Treasure'

Justin Timberlake (all of them) > probably preconceived thinking but...nay

Kool and the Gang - Take My Heart > Yay

Lou Bega - Mambo Number 5 > Hell Nay!

Luther Vandross - Never Too Much > Yay

Rihanna (all of them) > Nay

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five - The Message > Yay

Sade > Yay

Katy Perry > Nay

Britney > Who?

Hall & Oates > Why not? 

Madonna > Yay for Like A Virgin, Material Girl would be a Nay though

China Girl and Let's Dance by David Bowie > Nay

All the other songs, I need to listen to them first cause I've never heard of them (the songs, not the artists).

I'm okay with most of this list, as well, by justgimmethefunk.

Except...

Hall and Oates. Okay. Some of their work.

After all they are on the "Blue-eyed Soul" list..(Click me)

In fact, I'll argue that the artists on that list should be added here, if their CDLC's become available. Yes, even Michael Bolton. :lol:

Madonna. Nay. No. Hell no. Sorry but 'Grandma Madge' will never fit in either category, IMHO. :lol:

"This is a slippery slope, a Bass is a 'gateway' instrument." - Portlandia  S4E4
       Own a Guitar, but not a Bass?  Use Rocksmith's Bass Emulator Mode to get low & funky today!   

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Defunkt would be nice, but actually there are no customs available :(

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

It would probably be a good idea to post the list in the new social group as well. I will do that and as an admin you'll be able to edit it whenever you need to.

I still have to figure out how to set up the group forum correctly but it can already be used for discussions and collaborations. :D

I already posted the list there as well. It's not really a big inconvenience to keep it up to date in both places. If you want I can take care of the social group list and you just update the list here. :)

Well that would mean we would have two lists in two different threads that would be updated by two different users...same job done twice which is a bit silly... Plus the list here can be viewed by anyone without having to be a member of the social group

(Click me)

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

I don't mind the extra work but I see what you mean. I still think it's convenient to have it in both places and it's not as if it's updated constantly. As long as you let me know, I'll just copy/paste the whole thing et voilà, it's done. :D

The list in the social group should be visible for guests as well, so at least that's not a problem.

Well hello!

The list has been updated with the 3 latest Fela Kuti tracks by @@Aludog and I also changed the link for 'Da Ya Think I'm Sexy', it's pointing to the version by @@vinegarv now, 'cause this one has bass!

• Like 1

(Click me)

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

Just started working on a Marcus Miller transcription today :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQC0a84rXM8

Right now it looks like this and it's only 35 seconds of the song (!) :

http://i.imgur.com/83H953F.png

Hopefully I will go through and maybe make a CDLC out of it !

(Click me)

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

The reason I didn't make anything from Marcus Miller yet, is the fact that I wouldn't even be able to test it. Almost all of his stuff is extremely challenging, especially because there's pretty much no track without slapping and I'm not good enough at that. :(
If you like though, I can send you tabs from my MM song book. That should save you some work. :)

It's this one: http://www.halleonard.com/product/viewproduct.do?itemid=690811&lid=690811&keywords=marcus%20miller&subsiteid=1&&viewtype=songlist