Top songs for Beginners To Try?

Tunalic

Question

As Someone who is just beginning guitar, I am left unsure as to where to start with so many great songs available and more coming each day!

Where would you begin?

What are the top songs that beginners should look to play first? Are those songs currently available as CDLC or in the original song list?

Thanks for your answers!

And Thanks to all those that are contributing to this wonderful educational project! :grin:

7 answers to this question

Blitzkrieg Bop  is easy 

I agree. I think this song is in RS solely for someone like me, so I can brag that I have it up to 86%. The song seemed easy to learn, but hard to play, due to the rapid chord strumming. There's only like 4 power chords in the song.

The next 'lower difficulty' songs were quite a bit more difficult. In fact, I wonder if I'll ever be able to see the notes coming, find the positions, put my fingers there, and strum before they've gone by. It seems the thing that works best for me is slowing the song down, learning it, and then playing it back, already knowing the song. Maybe that's what you're supposed to do, and I'm just being too hard on myself??

maybe its not your cup of tea, but i uploaded I will Survive by Gloria Gaynor the other day. Its great for bass should be the same for guitar. My nephew is playing RS too, I keep telling him that he has to build his chops. To play the more simpler songs to get hand strength and technique down. He just want to play fast or whatever lol. Hell the boy aint even the hand stretch exercises I show him lol

Umm, now mind you, this is my opinion. Go with the Flow ( Rythym ) and Do You Remember ( Lead ) to me are the easiest songs on this game. I have been playing a long time but do not believe I am anywhere near as good as I should be. And as has been said, Riff Repeater is your friend.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

I wonder if I'll ever be able to see the notes coming, find the positions, put my fingers there, and strum before they've gone by. It seems the thing that works best for me is slowing the song down, learning it, and then playing it back, already knowing the song. Maybe that's what you're supposed to do, and I'm just being too hard on myself??

That is exactly how you learn a song. You start out slow (I often start at 50% or even slower, depending on the song and the section I'm in; The auto-speedup function in the riff repeater is great for that, although i find the 10-percent-point steps a tad big). In the end, you don't read the note highway note-for-note but you more or less use it as a memory aid for the structure of the song so you see which phrase is coming up next.