sorry to wasted bass players time

and if it is not just my bass tabbing that is

bad let me know and I will stop posting

less work for me that way

Thanks to all that enjoy my song and sorry

to the ones that didn't

• Like 2

14 answers to this question

I have problems like that all the time. I think the main reason why I still put bass tabs in is because its an easy way to sync up a song. But sometimes there is that chance that the bass section is actually on point. There's just those chances, but your argument is valid.

• Like 2

Fu*k that sh*t!  Do your best, put it out there, if someone doesn't like it, they can redo it themselves.  If you're proud of your stuff and enjoy playing it, that's all that matters.  Personally, I like your stuff.  As my personal hero, the great Raoul Duke, once said, "Don't take any guff from these fucking swine."

http://i.imgur.com/xcGrege.jpg

• Like 5

I'm with you crossbolt242,

The way I look at it, on charting customs, I chart the songs I have always wanted to play. And just happen to be nice enough to share with others on CustomsForge. If they don't like it they can chart there own version. I got it from the top guys from CustomsForge, they don't care if there are numerous versions of the same song by different charters or even if they are charted right or not, it makes no difference to them. All they care about is the total amount of customs available on the site. The guys that improve there customs over time, and I agree when they feel like working on it again, are the dedicated charters that I praise and think are the best, and I hate to see good Magna Charters being blasted by negativity all the time. The new Ignition Search isn't helping us, It's just making it easier for the multitude of down-loaders to get at our customs, and comments and feed back are pretty much non-existent now days, except for the complainers !

We lost a cool Bass player that was hanging out with us in the Classic Rock Coalition, The championship guys were hounding him to fix up his Lead and Rhythm paths, and giving him all kinds of shit. And the custom was his first try at doing a Lead and Rhythm path along with his Excellent Professional Bass Paths. BS like that is just hampering creativity of the guys that are working hard at this, and charting tunes. Old saying - Cut off there nose to spite there face !

I could go on and on over this, but I will leave it for another day - for now !

Edit: Hang in there crossbolt242,. And wanted to let you know we have some excellent Bass players in the Classic Rock Coalition that would love to play and give you tips on the Bass lines you have reluctantly been adding to your awesome customs. I personally would like for you to join our group, the CRC, deferentially need more 6-string Guitar players for sure !

Later, avdocatwork

• Like 1

I received PMs detailing the mistakes I'd made in my Gilmour custom and asking why I didn't include certain solos...

Take it on the chin man, it's just the internet :D

And bass tabs are normally shit.  In 200+ customs I think I have seen 2 or 3 GP tabs with 100% accurate bass.  Most of the time GP file bass is just there as background filler.

• Like 4

Crossbolt, sorry you feel that way man.  Thanks especially for your Skid Row customs and Billy Joel's "Big Shot".

I don't chart that much...I have 13 customs up.  The first few I did, I was really very open to feedback and fixing things perceived as 'wrong' with my work.  Well, it didn't take long until I was done with that...in my experience, most people who complain heavily about how a custom is charted are also people who don't make any themselves, don't donate to the site, and just complain to complain.  The final straw as far as correcting customs came when I put up Diary of a Madman, and people went apeshit because the Lead arrangement was too sparse for them (I eventually allowed someone to merge the Lead and Rhythm tracks, and my original is still better).  I explained in that thread why I do customs in the first place, and basically told the complaining folks that if they didn't like the arrangement, they were free not to play it.

For myself, I think my customs are decent, and I try very hard to make them well enough on 'first pass' that anyone who learns the song well could play it well with other people and practice outside of Rocksmith. I generally tab them out in GP from the officially published transcription instead of finding something on the internet, or tabbing out the way I play them with my band (which is why more than half of what I've done don't have bass lines). They don't need to be perfect...most of us aren't studio or touring musicians.  My advice...f**k the critics.  If they don't like your work, they're free to leave it alone, make their own, or learn to play the song the old fashioned way...with blank sheet music, a copy of the song, a pencil, an instrument, and a good ear.  

• Like 2

If you want to test out your bass parts but don't have a bass guitar, you could always try the "emulate bass" option. It allows you to play the bass parts using a regular 6 string guitar. It doesn't sound nearly as good as a real bass but at least it would give you an idea on how accurate the part is before you release it.

Personally it bugs me a bit when bass parts are obviously wrong but I wouldn't ever complain about it. If anything I'd offer suggestions. Those who complain and post negatively are simply ungrateful.

And yes, never trust the bass tabs you find online. They are never right.

• Like 1

I've been relying a lot on Youtube bass covers to try and get the bass tabs right.  There's some really good guys out there doing covers, and they may not be 100% accurate, but at least you can see them playing along to the song and get a gauge on how close they are.  I personally like this guy, Constantine Isslamow.  He does a lot of classic rock covers.  I download the video and then play it at half speed in VLC to get the fingering right.  Time consuming but accurate.

I'm with you crossbolt242,

The way I look at it, on charting customs, I chart the songs I have always wanted to play. And just happen to be nice enough to share with others on CustomsForge. If they don't like it they can chart there own version. I got it from the top guys from CustomsForge, they don't care if there are numerous versions of the same song by different charters or even if they are charted right or not, it makes no difference to them. All they care about is the total amount of customs available on the site. The guys that improve there customs over time, and I agree when they feel like working on it again, are the dedicated charters that I praise and think are the best, and I hate to see good Magna Charters being blasted by negativity all the time. The new Ignition Search isn't helping us, It's just making it easier for the multitude of down-loaders to get at our customs, and comments and feed back are pretty much non-existent now days, except for the complainers !

We lost a cool Bass player that was hanging out with us in the Classic Rock Coalition, The championship guys were hounding him to fix up his Lead and Rhythm paths, and giving him all kinds of shit. And the custom was his first try at doing a Lead and Rhythm path along with his Excellent Professional Bass Paths. BS like that is just hampering creativity of the guys that are working hard at this, and charting tunes. Old saying - Cut off there nose to spite there face !

I could go on and on over this, but I will leave it for another day - for now !

Edit: Hang in there crossbolt242,. And wanted to let you know we have some excellent Bass players in the Classic Rock Coalition that would love to play and give you tips on the Bass lines you have reluctantly been adding to your awesome customs. I personally would like for you to join our group, the CRC, deferentially need more 6-string Guitar players for sure !

Later, avdocatwork

can you give me a link to your Classic Rock Coalition I forget where I saw it at

Thank you for the time you put into making the songs. As a vet guitar player changing to bass literally 2 weeks ago I'm really going to miss your bass tabs. I look to rocksmith to teach me the songs or at a min, get me the root notes so I can jam in real life. Honestly people will complain to just complain. I learned maroon 5s she be loved and smashing pumpkins today the ubisoft way only to have my guitarist play it in a different key and not want to learn it my way. So even ubi catches grief from people not wanting to be open to different ways of playing something, ie my guitarist.

Thank you again for the tabs you have made. Thank you to all the charters.