Customforgers, please help

Countess Von Count

Today I finally finished my very first CDLC, but opening it corrupts my save file(s).

After having messed around with EoF, Wwise and The Custom Song Creator Toolkit all day I finally ended up with what I thought should be working cdlc for "Nick the Stripper". Wanting to try it out for myself, I loaded it into my dlc folder and booted up Rocksmith 2014. Upon selecting my profile, however, I was surprised by a message stating my save had been corrupted. Slightly disappointed with my loss of progress I still went through the initial set-up again in order to try out my newly-made dlc. I could play through it just fine and for the most part it seems to have turned out nicely, so I decided to work on a custom tone for the song. I made what I thought a fitting tone and restarted the game only to be told again that my save had been corrupted. I went through the set-up, closed Rocksmith 2014 and opened it again to be told the exact same thing. And so I closed Rocksmith again, deleted my cdlc and rebooted Rocksmith, went through the set-up, rebooted once more and this time found my profile intact. And so I suppose it is safe to say the dlc is causing my save file to be corrupted. 

And now I'm wondering, what is it I did wrong to make my cdlc mess up my saves? Is there any way to fix this? Does this happen to others? I'd like to try making some more, but there is no point if it's just going to ruin peoples' games.

I had the same problem with a custom I made ( Modest Mouse "Broke"), at the beginnig it works well but somehow corrupted my Saved files! I dont Know what it happens I dont Know how to fix it! You are not the only one mate!

Well that's a relief of sorts. At least I suppose it's not entirely my fault then.  :P 

But it seems you have made many more customs that did not corrupt your files, or haven't you? If so I suppose I could try to make another one and see if that doesn't mess everything up. After all I already lost my file anyway, ha....

And I'd still like to know why it happens in the first place so I can avoid it in the future.

• Developer

You may have two songs that have the same Arrangement IDs or it could be any number of other problems.  Next time your game save crashes, and before you make a new game save, move all your existing DLC and CDLC to a remote folder.  Then install just the new CDLC that you created into the dlc folder and run the game with the new game save and your CDLC.  If all goes smoothly and you don't loose your save again, then there is a good chance that you have multiple CDLC songs with conflicting IDs. 

You can use the Custom Game Toolkit (CGT), Song Catalog tool tol help you identify if you do have two songs with the same Arrangement IDs.  Just follow my signature link to download CGT.  CGT, Game Save Gigbox will also help you make a backup of your game save so that you do not keep loosing your progress.

If it does turn out to be IDs, you can use the CST (the toolkit) to give your CDLC a new Arrangement ID.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Tried the Custom Game Toolkit, and it found no conflicting IDs, so that can probably be ruled out. I did try and make a new custom today. This one works perfectly fine and its addition to my dlc folder has caused no trouble with my safe files, thank god. But thanks for the tip anyway cozy1.

Could it have something to do with the .mp3 I used? Looking back I suddenly remember the .mp3 being slightly off. In most media players I used (My phone's standard music player, Windows media player, other Android music players) and my music folder it shows the song as being about five minutes long, whilst in reality it is a mere three minutes. After converting it however the song length was set to the exact correct number and I thought no more of it. Could this detail have actually messed up my save files? Sounds unlikely to me, but I'm no expert. 

Either way, since the new one works fine, I'll assume it was simply bad luck and I'll make some more (and see if those work).

Thanks again for the help!

• Developer

The mp3 should not be the problem.  How/when are you converting mp3?  EOF uses ogg/wav audio (EDIT: mp3 too).  Toolkit will now use ogg/wav or wem to produce CDLC.  You should be using the same audio produced (wav/ogg) by EOF with toolkit.

Game save crash/corruption is usually caused by duplicate Arrangment ID's or corrupt CDLC data being written to the game save.  You ruled out duplicate ID's so then it is probably corrupt data being written to game save.  You could try reauthoring with EOF or regenerating CDLC with toolkit.

If you want to know for sure, you can post link to your original EOF files and I will try to analyze.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Well I used the original .mp3 file in Editor on Fire. It then showed the incorrect length even in the editor, but when playing it it would rewind after the actual three minutes of sound. (IN EoF)

I meant after the WWise conversion. The .wem file created by WWise was correct. 

So maybe that meant that the CDLC was corrupt too? Regenerating didn't work, and I don't feel like doing it all over again. I'm going to make some other customs first!

And while I find it really nice of you to offer to look at it, I didn't mean to post the CDLC anyway as it was kind of meant as a bit of CDLC-creating practise (and will thus  not be used by anyone anyway) and I don't suppose this problem will occur again, so unless you're really looking forward to analyzing my files, I won't have you go through the trouble for naught. But thanks loads for the offer!