Edit Another Rocksmith File

Patty

Question

First of all, I dunno if this is the right part of the forum to ask this. I hope it is.

There's a chart I've downloaded that lists the wrong chord names so you aren't getting them right when you hit them when you're playing the chart.

How can I go about editing a chart that's not mine?

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

I presume that you are playing a song in a tuning other than E Standard?  Or using a capo?

Does it look like an E chord but it says D#, D, C# or something else?

Editing other people's charts is pretty tough and will take hours of learning.  I'd suggest just playing literally the gems (coloured notes) that come on screen.  It will sound correct and you will score, and just try to ignore the chord names.

I know it's tough, but the more you play that song the easier it will get.  It's probably musically correct.

If you really want to edit a chart, then the tutorials section is the place to start.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Dropped tunings are always getting wrong names in EOF. EOF ignores the lower tuned string and gives usual chord names like on standard tuning, so it's to the charter to correct them in EOF. You can commend that issue to the charter anyway.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Dropped tunings are always getting wrong names in EOF. EOF ignores the lower tuned string and gives usual chord names like on standard tuning, so it's to the charter to correct them in EOF. You can commend that issue to the charter anyway.

It's an optional setting (Track>Pro guitar>Ignore tuning/capo). The majority of folks seemed to prefer the informal method of referring to the chord shape instead of the real chord name so that's EOF's default behavior.