How to bend two strings differently?

dpslikeits1999

Question

I have a song where two strings are hit at the same time followed by a bend.  One is bent 1/2 step and the other a full step.  Using technotes, I can set one string to bend either 1/2 or full step.  But when I go to set the second string, I only have the option of setting it to what the first string is bent to.  

The closest example in the tutorial is of a chord with one string bending.  That I can do.  I just can't make two strings bend by different amounts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

You'd need to place the tech notes at separate positions, even if that means they are only 1ms apart. Then EOF will let you set a different bend strength on each and control each string separately.

I'm not sure if this is possible.  The duration of the first note will only be the milliseconds until the second (supposedly concurrent) note) starts.  I don't think you can strike a note during the duration of the previous one.  EoF just chops it off.  I tried manually extending the length of the shortened note using bracket keys but it stops where the next note starts.

Hey, Rockfirstlast, someone posted a possible solution to this problem on my 'Let ring' posting.  The Crazy Arpeggio section on the Technotes pdf seems to overcome the problem of overlapping notes.  I assume that's what you did for the two overlapping bends (using linked notes to connect the first one to a temporary note which can be deleted after the second note is added).

In the above example linknext was not used, but whatever works.

Placed first note

Toggled crazy

Increased length

Turned off grid snap

Places second note

Increased length

Pressed F4 to switch to tech mode

Placed first bend tech note and defined bend strength

Placed second bend tech note and defined bend strength