Problem with Slides

luigibr

Question

I am working on CDLC, which contains some slide notes that don´t have a starting note. In the original tab the note goes with the symbol  "/12" and then "14". For some reason, the EOF assumed that this "/12 14" is "11 / 14", which ruins the whole solo´s structure. How do I fix this? The only thing getting me stuck in this song is this solo part =(.

Thanks

7 answers to this question

Click on the note and press F.  Enter the starting note (It has to start somewhere, right?).  Mouse scroll up to extend the duration of the slide as much as you like.

Press CTRL+ UP and enter the ending of the slide.

or

Press CTRL+SHIFT+U if you want the slide to be unpitched, meaning it kind of fades away onscreen, and you don't have to stop at that exact note.

• Like 1

Click on the note and press F.  Enter the starting note (It has to start somewhere, right?).  Mouse scroll up to extend the duration of the slide as much as you like.

Press CTRL+ UP and enter the ending of the slide.

or

Press CTRL+SHIFT+U if you want the slide to be unpitched, meaning it kind of fades away onscreen, and you don't have to stop at that exact note.

Oh, so that´s the way it works? I kept looking for an option to do that, tried to create a new note and use the Slide in Pro Guitar option, but got the same. I will try that. Thanks a lot.

EOF has to put a starting point for the slide (Rocksmith unfortunately doesn't support an unpitched slide in notation), so it just assumes the slide starts one fret higher/lower just so an unpitched notation can be kept during the import.

Yeah that´s exactly what happened. And when I get to RS, the solo is all weird and makes no sense, it´s like it got lost.  Thanks for the infos.

• Administrator

The unpitch slide in function in GP is not really a good choice. You can simply use a grace notes with a slide which would work way better.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

All right, it works. But i noticed that the slide ends into s streaming note. I tried to fix it reducing g the note's duration, but now the song will not start, what did I do wrong? I perform the first tuning and when the chart should show up, the game hangs. I am almost starting over [emoji53]

Edit: I just found another thread with the same issues, which seem to be related th e toolkit. I will try that