Save File got corrupt, anyway to get it back?

thoughtsofahuman

Question

So I was playing Rocksmith 2014 yesterday. Been playing since it came out, and I put a good 63/64 hours into the game. I closed the game since the bass volume was low and it usually fixes itself when I restart the game. When I opened up the game and clicked on my account, it said the file save is corrupt and that I would have to start all over. I did a lot of the work in session mode and I don't want to really loose that. On top if it all, I created a new account just to test everything out again. When I restarted the game and clicked on that new account, it said it's corrupt and that it would have to be wiped. Is there anyway to prevent this? Is there anyway I can get the save file back? Or even a previous version of it? Thanks for any and all help.

13 answers to this question

Similar question, all my song progress has been wiped out, I decided to just move on and make a new profile but it doesn't seem to be saving. Every time I reopen the game it asks me as if i'm a new player again and all my date is wiped everytime.

As far as your bass volume being too low, I was having the same issue. RS has a habit of reverting back to 17 for the cable in windows. I found a post and tried it, it worked for me. 

Turn you volumes to 50% on the guitar, all the knobs. Now in RS go to calibrate and play 1 string when its asks you too, when its done it should bump your gain up. Now all you do is crank your volumes on the guitar back to full and you should be heard once again.

In another thread, flameout101 supplied the location of the save file:

It's been happening to me as well beginning 5 days ago. I was lucky as I play on multiple computers so I copied the save file from an uncorrupted game and transferred it to the box with the blown save file. I have been backing up the game every so often as I go since then. I guess I will keep doing it while I wait for for someone smarter than me to diagnose and fix this problem.

BTW, your Win 7 save file location is: C:> Program Files(x86) > Steam > userdata > (your ID number) > 221680 > Remote

Copy the whole Remote file to backup.

While not a fix for the problem, you could back up this file to another location each night and at least you'll have a good copy to put back in place the next time RS corrupts the save file.

sleepy

Acoustic Guitar:  Seagull Maritime GT  Playing Since:  8/11/2011

Electric Guitar:  Epiphone Les Paul Jr.  Playing since:  9/25/2013

Bass Guitar:  Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special  Playing Since:  2/17/2014

"The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley

waaaaaah. this is driving me nuts!

Even with this new dll i cannot save anything!

I even created a new profile in the game which is correctly written to the save directory, calibrated and played a song.

Went back to the profile choosing menu and my profile was there but i had to restart all over "have you played rocksmith before?"

Does anyone have any clue what we can do?

• Developer

Maybe can be fixed.  Send a link to your corrupted game save files (LocalProfiles.json and *_prfldb) here.  Must receive both files to be considered for testing/repair.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.