Auto Audio device switching(help)

Adoneill

Question

Hi Guys

Straight to the point. Rocksmith 2014 works fine, no problems, no lag, HDMI with TV or Onboard with monitor.

My problem is that I've moved my PC to the den and have a new setup. I have a pair of okish Logitech USB speakers that I use for gaming and browsing. For Rocksmith, I have to use the onboard soundcard (VIA HD) and that runs to the line-in of a Logitech squeezebox (I have no other regular speakers but it is far superir in quality to the usb speakers Albeit mixed mode mono).

My issue is this.

Every time I want to play Rocksmith, I have to open the sound devices panel and chan ge the default sound card. I often forget and then as soon as i hear the USB speakers poping and crackling I ALT-F4 out and start over again.

Is there a way to create a shortcut that will automatically change the default output device of windows 8 and launch Rocksmith and switch back when I close?

I searched through the ini file but there doesn't seem to be a line for specifying the output device.

I know there are plenty of options regarding shortcuts that can be made to switch audio devices from the desktop, or even keyboard shortcuts that could be assigned to such shortcuts/bat files however I'm looking for a more 'step free' solution.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!!

4 answers to this question

You can use this http://funk.eu/ssd/

I use it to switch between my wireless usb headphone and my native speaker.

The cool thing about this is that you can create shortcut and it works even if the game is already started. I mean it works for me.

I launch the game, the sound is on my laptop speaker so I alt-tab, clic on my shortcut to set my headphone the default device, I alt-tab back and Tadaa the sound is in my ears ;)

• Like 2

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

Unfortunately this software doesn't work with all Games. But it does with RS2014 so enjoy it !

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !