What do you guys play; Lead, Rhythm or Base guitar?

Bluetac

I have only been playing for a few weeks now, the first guitar (yes i have the bug) i bought was the ESP LTP AX-360 as seen in my sig, but that proved too awkward to play while seeted and i found out the hard way that learning the fretboard and the string locations wtihout tripping over my fingers was almost impossible to master .

So not to be defeated i purchased a bass guitar, this has proven to be the best idea i have had in a long time , i am slowly developing the muscle memory to not actuallu need to look at the fret board as much as i had been so i see progress. the bass below is the  ESP LTD F-54 4 string .

Posted ImagePosted Image

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

I'm playing for few months now (though not so often). Lead (rhythm only when there is no lead, like in Roxanne by Police), this solos are just too amazing to play sth else :) I got nice used Jackson TH2 made in Japan:

http://img.audiofanzine.com/image.php?lang=en&identifier=id&size=normal&module=product&product_id=45694

Fortunately mine is black :) (I love strat's look since playing GuitarHero) Works nice, and had no bigger problems with it.

Maybe I'll try bass the other day, but it does not look soon.

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Bass all the way baby.

Actually got that rocksmith 2014 + guitar pack, but normal guitar aint really working out for me, just not my thing. 

Anyway, i got a SX vintage series jazz bass, as seen here http://cdn2.sulitstatic.com/images/2012/0829/010300746_0102165041e29e164cd26570289c9e9ec9c515c3d255eabd.jpg

You remind me though, i need to implement that in my sig.

• Like 2

My workplace
I Did Not Have Sexual Relations With That Woman. Yet.

I'm always playing lead. I started 4 months ago so I only have a GRG20, it's a cheap Ibanez... I wasn't sure if I was going to go serious with the guitar but after practicing for 4+ hours almost everyday and private lessons I think I made my decision lol. Planning to get a Warbeast/Warlock/Beast soon.

• Like 1

Guitars owned:

Schecter Damien Platinum-6 FR (EMG 85-81) | Ibanez GRG20Z | B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Warbeast (EMG 85-81) | Jackson Pro King V KVT (Duncan SH-6).

Playing since:

November 11, 2013.

Favorite Genre:

Heavy Metal \m/ (specifically Death Metal, Power Metal, etc. and the heavier stuff) 

I played rythm sections for my fav songs at start, for about a year! Then I turned my way into lead, now I can't play song if I must play rythm section, it's horrible for me :D 

I have ESP LTD M-50 for playing songs o E Standard and Les Paul Epiphone III for D Standard songs. First guitar is green-like so I'm uising it for thrash metal and Darkthrone songs. Second one is pure black, evil as f*ck, I like to use it while playing black metal :D

• Like 1

A przed waleniem konia
na miasto idę cipy węszyć,
psem jestem!

I use to play Rhythm (or Combo 2) in Rocksmith 2012 but in Rocksmith 2014, it's been lead as my main path. I still sometimes switch over to Rhythm for fun times in some songs (such as Bodysnatchers or Pinball Wizard) but Lead is what I usually play.Also, been playing since July of last year, so 7 months.

EDIT: Oh, and guitar is a Jackson FSR-JS32. Seems to be Canadian Exclusive according to Long & McQuade's website.

Here it is. You get a URL because iPhone's take ridiculously big images for some dumb reason (also it makes things look really squishy)

• Like 1

I'm one of those "played for years, never got very good at it" types, so I'm sticking to the Lead parts right now.

But that's also because I really don't like the whole Lead and Rhythm path thing. It's guitar. Just give us all the arrangements in the same place, please.

That's why I hope to find songs by bands with a single guitarist (who doesn't overdub his leads) -- that way we get to play the entire guitar part for the song. I realize this is pretty rare though.

I play both rhythm and lead.  I've toyed with the idea of getting a bass but I figured that I better just concentrate on guitar and avoid having my wife kill me!

http://images53.fotki.com/v1494/photos/8/801792/7109016/photo-vi.jpg

Rick Abshier

Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Fender Short Scale Jazz Bass

I'm one of those "played for years, never got very good at it" types, ...

Same here. Played guitar for almost 20 years, never got any good at it. Rocksmith 1 sparked my interest anew, so much so that I bought a (cheap) Ibanez SR 300 bass, and almost immediately fell in love with it. Now my two guitars are gathering dust (except when I'm making a custom) yet I play my bass daily.

The funny thing is, in my team at work, there are 4 bass players out of about 10 people, and I'm slowly spreading the Rocksmith bug among them. :)

• Like 1

Been trying to play on and off for years. Made some progress last year in basic rhythm using Justin Sandercoe's excellent site but Rocksmith has meant I am trying to add some lead skills and has meant I have finally found a way of maintaining a proper practice regime.  Best £40 I've ever spent! 

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top

I used to play the bass around 20 or so years ago but had to sell them both due to finances :mad:

I used to mess around with an acoustic too but that had to go too.

I then discovered Rocksmith and decided to learn right from the start so that I didn't have bad habits. Started with Rhythm, got bored and switched to Lead lol :mrgreen:

I bought myself a cheap entry level Floyd Rose guitar from eBay for 80 quid including delivery, it's brand new except it's been sitting in a distribution warehouse so needed a good clean and new strings etc. Here's a pic of it sitting next to Georgie Porgie, my puddy tat:

http://i.imgur.com/QnsKUpb.jpg

Before I got that I was playing a DIY strat guitar kit and a DIY SG guitar kit which were as cheap as chips, 50-odd and 60-odd quid respectively and both sound pants lol :-P

• Like 1

I play Lead (as some have said, I only switch to rhythm when there is no lead part). I started playing exactly 2 months ago (yay!), so playing lead and learning riffs to songs that I love is something that keeps me playing, and trying to learn the ridiculously hard parts of other songs that I love keeps me practicing!

As some have said, I have "the bug" of getting new toys, and being a college student makes that harder... At least being a Software Engineer gets me paid quite a bit during internships, so I have a Gibson SGJ that I got on clearance for $350, and a MIM Fender Strat HSS, both at GC. Next, I need to upgrade my amp...

I play Lead (as some have said, I only switch to rhythm when there is no lead part). I started playing exactly 2 months ago (yay!), so playing lead and learning riffs to songs that I love is something that keeps me playing, and trying to learn the ridiculously hard parts of other songs that I love keeps me practicing!

As some have said, I have "the bug" of getting new toys, and being a college student makes that harder... At least being a Software Engineer gets me paid quite a bit during internships, so I have a Gibson SGJ that I got on clearance for $350, and a MIM Fender Strat HSS, both at GC. Next, I need to upgrade my amp...

On a drumming site that I frequent the need to keep getting new toys is known as GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome).  Now, my wife often accuses my of having gas (often for good reason) but what I really have is GAS!

• Like 2

Rick Abshier

Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Fender Short Scale Jazz Bass

I play mostly lead now but I learned guitar playing rhythm and classical guitar (finger picking style). Recently I have been thinking about getting a Bass just to mess around with it but thats not going to happen anytime soon. I want to make sure I am decent enough on guitar before i try and learn something else. My current guitars are a B.C. Rich Warlock and a Epiphone Les Paul 100. 

I'm currently learning to play lead guitar. I've played rthythm for about 10 years. I'm also a classicly trained singer..

my eletric guitar is in the Alpine gibson below. I also have an Epiphone Dove and Hummingbird both acoustic eletric

To be loved - one must love....