Anyone else suddenly having issues on Mac after latest OSX update?

gomer11

Question

I updated to the most recent OSX version 10.10.3 and now I am experiencing an issue with playing any CDLC. The game loads just fine and enumerates but the song list has most of the cover art missing and will lock up if I select various songs that worked perfectly previously. 

I removed ALL CDLC and then launched RS from Steam directly and it worked fine. I then added back some known working CDLCs that I have had for months, launched using RSInjector and the issue returned. Given these circumstances, this does not appear to be an issue with any particular CDLC but perhaps a conflict with the latest OSX and RSInjector. 

Anybody else seeing anything like this? I've tried all the usual fixes to no avail to include reinstalling RS, reinstalling RSInjector and removing any recent CDLCs that may have caused the issue. 

I appreciate any help any of you can provide. As I noted, I have been playing CDLCs with no issue for months and always test new ones as I add them to weed out any corrupt ones. Yet, here I am. :(

4 answers to this question

Everything is working fine for me.  Did the update this morning and everything is working just like it did yesterday.

Did you let OS X finish optimizing your Mac after the update was installed?  I noticed a notification after the update that said it was optimizing my Mac and performance would be affected until it was finished.  It took about 15-20 minutes post-update for that to finish.

Also, I've noticed that enumerating the song list inside RS has been taking a little bit longer than it used to (for about a week now, not sure if it's just because I've added new songs or what the cause is).  So make sure you're letting the list finish enumerating before going into Learn a Song to play.

Other than corrupt customs, the only thing that causes crashes/hangs for me is if I try and load song (custom or official DLC) before the game has finished enumerating.

• Like 1

Thank you for the feedback. I did let the install do all it needed to do and I always let the enumerating finish. This is just a weird deal I guess. I will keep experimenting and see what I can come up with.

I really appreciate you letting me know that it is working fine for you. Gotta be something specific to my setup it would seem.

One other question, Steam recently updated too. Do you have the latest version of Steam installed as well?

Yup, I did the Steam update last night.  

Just to rule it out, did you make sure that Steam was open and running before starting RSInjector?

Also, have you tried just adding a single cDLC that you know works perfectly to see if it still works?

• Like 1

Ok, thanks. Just trying to cover all the bases here. I added a small batch of known working CDLCs but, I haven't got to the point of just adding one yet. However, it looks like I am at that point now so I will give it a go. :) The weird thing is it looked like I was on my way to finding the issue as things were looking good adding a few small batches. However, if I would then back out to the main screen (in game) and then reload the profile, the issue came back. All the symptoms are the same as when I have had corrupt CDLC in the past but, the usual tests and fixes aren't resolving it just yet. Weird deal. Thanks again for the feedback. I'll figure this out eventually.