Rocksmith On An Untrsusted Network

guitardude037

Question

Hello, I was curious about the "security" behind using CDLC. I'm curious exactly what happens when using cdlc? Basically my question is if I were to play cdlc off of a network that isn't mine, is that traceable? Honestly it's still unclear to me what the legal mumbo-jumbo is for using cdlc. Can someone potentially help me out? Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Your cdlc is local to your dlc folder.  I don't see it having anything to do with what network you're on.  I can help you out on the spelling of 'untrusted', though.

First off, sorry about that. (The misspelling that is) Secondly, I ask this because I'm not 100% exactly sure how cdlc actually works. I understand that you need to own actual dlc and you're essentially changing the cdlc file's id to be an actual dlc id, but I'm just not sure if there's anything that is sent to the network that would provide evidence of using cdlc. I assume all that's ever "networked" is just the list of dlc id numbers, and that's what the game uses?

Hello, I was curious about the "security" behind using CDLC. I'm curious exactly what happens when using cdlc? Basically my question is if I were to play cdlc off of a network that isn't mine, is that traceable? Honestly it's still unclear to me what the legal mumbo-jumbo is for using cdlc. Can someone potentially help me out? Thanks!

We'd prefer it you support the artists of the CDLC that you use. 

That said, anything is traceable/hackable, I don't see any attack vectors coming from CDLC. 

The usage of cdlc isnt hidden, the game saves will show it, and if you do the leaderboard challenges, it is saved there also.  This much is known, however ... ubisoft doesnt have license for the songs used in the cdlcs, so they dont have a reason to care .. its not their fight.   

The most probable is that you are afraid of having a backdoor trojan that could track you , I think. I would recommend that keep your antivirus updated,go for Malware bytes too and do a scan for any cdlc you download for your peace of mind. For whaetever is in your cdlc is your darn problem, you can't be banned for having cdlc on steam,but your concerns are somehow still unclear. :huh: