CDLC Tone

Hey There!

I just started out with a guitar i'm used to play bass

what i was wondering is the Tones for the guirars mostly have the gain turned up all the way

is there a way for me to put the gain down on that tone ?

You can go to Tone Designer in the options menu, load up the song tone, then edit it to turn down the gain.  Save the tone if you want then  assign it to the tone stick.  Play the song and use the tone stick or keyboard to load up your new tone.

If you want to permanently change the tone for the song.  Unpack the song in RS Toolkit.  Then you can load whatever tone you want in to the song or adjust the tone by clicking on edit tone.  Then create the new cdlc and put it in you dlc folder.

These are brief summaries, of course.  More in depth tutorial by Izzy here.

• Like 1

Depends on which kind of music you like, but some good bands for beginners are The Black Keys and The Cars.  Black Keys don't use many chords, mainly fairly simple riffs.  The Cars use all power chords and lots of palm mutes, but not too difficult.  UFO songs aren't too hard, cool riffs and lots of power chords.  I suggest using riff repeater and slowing down the track to match your playing speed rather than using dynamic difficulty.  Even if you have to slow the track down to a crawl, it's better than DD.  With DD, you don't see the chord progression and how all the notes fit together at speed.  Just my opinion.

• Like 2