Cdlc Not working

Anonymous47

Question

I've downloaded 3 cdlcs, but none of them work. After the tuning screen, the game stops, I can't access the menu, and I have to use ctrl+alt+delete to get out. I have the .dll, I tried the .exe that  I found through a tutorial, and everything else is where it needs to be, yet it doesn't work still. Help would be definitely appreciated.

13 answers to this question

Did you put the .dll in the Rocksmith root folder?  It goes in the root folder, not the dlc folder.  Also,  you need to purchased Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins from the Steam store.  You have to actually buy it, so that it is licensed to you.  You can't just download it from somewhere on the internet.

Are you getting the DOS prompt popup when launching Rocksmith ? If not you either have the wrong DX9 file or you have it in the wrong place. It goes HERE    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014   on a default installation. Also make sure you are using THIS Dx9 file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5ehzgh0s9xdbbfc/D3DX9_42.dll?dl=1&token_hash=AAGRCgJR0scSCHFFYW1NYnnSBtTgAR_HzKIFf6jvSZPohQ  .There is no EXE thingy,, you just paste the DX9 file into The Rocksmith 2014 folder,, that's it.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

I have the same issue.. I've tried it with the DLL, with out the DLL, with the DLL and patcher, and then just the patcher alone.

I get the DOS pop up only when i launch the game through the patcher..

I also saw on another help thread that there was a second DLL and both shouold be tried but the smaller of the two usually works best..

Any assistant would be great.. 

Thx..

• Administrator

Reinstall rocksmith. Make sure all the old files are deleted. So no leftovers from the .dll or patcher.

When rocksmith is reinstalled download this .dll 
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5ehzgh0s9xdbbfc/D3DX9_42.dll?dl=1&token_hash=AAGRCgJR0scSCHFFYW1NYnnSBtTgAR_HzKIFf6jvSZPohQ

And only use that one.

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -