Need Help With Guitar Volume Issues

va_blue_stang

Question

I try not to bother members unless I can't find a solution on my own, but I'm stumped. My guitars volume is moderately to extremely loud in all the songs. I can't hear the music or lyrics. I have calibrated with every attempt but so far no luck.

1- Set the mic volume in the Window's recording devices panel= no help

2- Set the volume on the guitar knob down= no help/quits registering notes

3- Set the Mixer in the game for the guitar down as low as 20= no help/below that notes don't register

4- Changed exclusive setting and tried both ways= no luck

5- I've tried a combo of all the above together= no luck

Hopefully you all know something I haven't ran across. I never had this problem till I reinstalled Windows 8.1 now it's unplayable and that sucks.

Thanks for any help and suggestion,

Mitch

5 answers to this question

I tend to have the opposite problem with the guitar being a bit on the low side.  Have you tried recalibrating?  There is also a guitar level adjustment somewhere within the settings and I always have mine maxed out.  Maybe you need to lower that, but I think calibrating the guitar audio level should do the trick.  I have windows 8.1 on my laptop and the only way I could hear the guitar notes is to tone down the audio/music from the mixer.  Do you see unusual graphics at the top on a song that does not have more then one level?  I see what looks like flickering levels up at the top but it does not affect my game play.

Have you tried adjusting the Real Tone Cable Gain?  It's under Options -> Audio Settings.

I would actually recommend doing the following, since you've changed so many things:

1.  Plug your Realtone cable into a different USB port and allow Windows to reinstall the driver (it does it automatically)

2.  Reset Rocksmith 2014 to the default settings (under Options in the game).

3.  Calibrate your guitar in RS

4.  Test the restored set up with an official song

5.  If your guitar is still really loud, try adjusting the Real Tone Cable Gain.  On the screen where you change the Cable Gain, if you hit tab you can reset it to the default which is 3.1db

Do you see unusual graphics at the top on a song that does not have more then one level?  I see what looks like flickering levels up at the top but it does not affect my game play.

Aaah, I see those flickering levels too and often wondered what that was about. I naturally assumed my graphics driver was playing up or something but wondered why only to one aspect of the screen.

Thanks for clearing that up...

I just figured it was a windows 8.1 issue since none of my other pc/laptops do it on windows 7.  I think mine has a built in Intel graphics chip.  I do notice that the game does slow down and not in sync with the music occassionally and I think it could be after one particular song is played.   I am still working on that and will adjust the rocksmith.ini file as needed, but it does not occur all the time.  Could be another windows 8.1 thing since that issue did not happen on my other systems either.