Multiple arrangements different beats?

xxbornassassinx

Question

Hi I was wondering is there a way to have different beat markers on the different arrangements in the same EOF file, I say this because there is a different tempoed acoustic part and then the bass kicks in and its a little faster,

rather than moving the notes individually or starting a new EOF file is there a way to somehow stop the beats from going on the other parts. The only way I can think of is to use the same audio file and make the other arrangements on separate EOF files, but can you do it on the same?

thankyou for your time

4 answers to this question

No, beats cannot be different for differrent arrangements.

I know what you mean, especially with Jimi Hendrix material, you could really use 2 separate beat maps for guitar and bass, but there is no way to do it in the same EoF project.

Either move some notes manually (in guitar and/or bass) or just make the time to beat map a separate EoF project.

You can "transfer" the beat map over by importing an XML from original, then change only the beat markers you want to, but in my experience you are better (and normally faster) just to beat map from scratch again.

• Like 1

Could you post a youtube link to the song? It's weird that a song would have two different BPMs (at the same time?)

its not the songs that's different bpm its the guitar pro tab, I set the bpm for the acoustic part 88bpm for lead and rhythm and when I imported bass the notes were really spaced out

Any way I ended up doing it by hand because 

1.The tab was terribly wrong

2.It was all over the place

To clarify my point too, its not that a song has two separate tempos, its just to match the gems coming in from the GP file more precisely with the actual audio, it can be beneficial to have two separate beat maps - not two separate tempos.

It just that some musis is played very loosely and although the GP author did an amazing job, the micro timings don't match up to the audio exactly or it would be extremely difficult to emulate in a synthetic environment (GP).