Toolkit error - preview .wem

I updated the toolkit some hours ago to the newest version... since then I can't create new customs... it's about the .wem file... I never made a preview before since the toolkit automatically made one for me - this doesn't seem to work in the newest version (it says that the preview file couldn't be found).

I don't even now how i can add the preview .wem in the toolkit.. theres only a box for the actual .wem but not for the preview...
About the conversion: Can I do everything with the toolkit now? because I was used to open Wwise and do everything in there...

Here's the log I am supposed to send:

2015-03-25 08:38:55.9304 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (ERROR) :
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.<Main>b__1

RocksmithToolkitLib
Void Convert2Wem(System.String, System.String, Int32)
Exception catched:

System.Exception Wwise audio file conversion failed: Die Datei "F:\RSProject\Follow The Water\Follow the Water_A87855F1_preview.wav" konnte nicht gefunden werden. Void Convert2Wem(System.String, System.String, Int32)    bei RocksmithToolkitLib.Ogg.Wwise.Convert2Wem(String sourcePath, String destinationPath, Int32 audioQuality) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithToolkitLib\Ogg\Wwise.cs:Zeile 23.
   bei RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.GetPackageData() in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithTookitGUI\DLCPackageCreator\DLCPackageCreator.cs:Zeile 1202.
   bei RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.dlcGenerateButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithTookitGUI\DLCPackageCreator\DLCPackageCreator.cs:Zeile 330.
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) System.Exception: Wwise audio file conversion failed: Die Datei "F:\RSProject\Follow The Water\Follow the Water_A87855F1_preview.wav" konnte nicht gefunden werden.
   bei RocksmithToolkitLib.Ogg.Wwise.Convert2Wem(String sourcePath, String destinationPath, Int32 audioQuality) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithToolkitLib\Ogg\Wwise.cs:Zeile 23.
   bei RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.GetPackageData() in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithTookitGUI\DLCPackageCreator\DLCPackageCreator.cs:Zeile 1202.
   bei RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.dlcGenerateButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithTookitGUI\DLCPackageCreator\DLCPackageCreator.cs:Zeile 330.
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Just tested on my end with last build and all ok with "ogg to wem", need to test "wav to wem". but "ogg to wem" is longer way which converts ogg to wav than wav to wem, so I suppose you  closed one of CLI windows or what or it  couldn't find your wwise, etc

• Administrator

First off, which version of wwise is installed on your computer? The toolkit is known to work with only few version of wwise so far.

Second, NEVER let the toolkit create the preview since this result in one of the worst preview you can have. The preview will be the exact same thing as the actual song in EOF so you will have the leading silence that will also be in the preview and i don't think anyone wants to wait 3 to 5 seconds of blank before hearing the preview.

EOF can easily create a preview wav file with the "create preview" function, that will be more alike official DLC this way and you can use this preview file in wwise the same way you do with the ful song file.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@firekorn, I can extend this auto preview generator based on sections, like get first chorus section and start cut preview from there or if there is no chorus or it out of bounds use first "non count*" section etc, I hope I can find small fade function to get previews more like ODLC. but as for now I'd suggest to avoid this auto preview things and I'm not sure if it'll pick preview if an already in place but with name  "preview.wav".

I'm merging cozy's tuning fix to master right now.

@@cozy1, read above^

• Like 1

• Developer

So, lot's of speculation with little accurate information.  The new Wem converter takes either an Ogg or a Wav audio file and converts it to a Wem file.  Wem convert feature is designed, tested and working for Wwise build 4828 if installed.  The auto convert to Wem also makes a 30 second preview WEM auido file, starting at 4 seconds into and ending at 34 seconds into the full length audio.  If *.wem and *_preview.wem are provided by user, the toolkit will use these instead of generating them.  If only main audio Wem is provided then toolkit will regenerate both main audio Wem and _preview.wem for the selected audio quality.  @@droxid you always had the option to provide a *_preview.wem, you just had to provide it and have it in the same folder with the main auidio *.wem folder and the toolkit would select it automatically.

I wrote the converter code so this is accurate.

@@droxid check that  your wav/ogg file is at least 35 seconds long.  If it is and it plays then send me link to it and I will analyze the error further.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@Alex360  "I can extend this auto preview generator based on sections, like get first chorus section and start cut preview from there or if there is no chorus or it out of bounds use first "non count*" section etc," 

This is technically possible with the current code.  Just need to set start, and end times based on above variables.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

First off, which version of wwise is installed on your computer? The toolkit is known to work with only few version of wwise so far.

Second, NEVER let the toolkit create the preview since this result in one of the worst preview you can have. The preview will be the exact same thing as the actual song in EOF so you will have the leading silence that will also be in the preview and i don't think anyone wants to wait 3 to 5 seconds of blank before hearing the preview.

EOF can easily create a preview wav file with the "create preview" function, that will be more alike official DLC this way and you can use this preview file in wwise the same way you do with the ful song file.

I have Wwise v2013.2.2 build 4828 64-bit.... before the update the wems I created worked perfectly with the toolkit.

I do the conversion from wav to wem always by hand in the Wwise software (thats how it was descriebd in some tutorial-video)

In this new case after the error in the toolkit I now created a preview with EOF and converted it with Wwise. I figured out how the toolkit detects both song.wem and song_preview.wem and now it works.... however there's still the note in the toolkit that it should work automatically(without the song_preview.wem) which it didn't.

Is the convertion to .wem now also possible in the toolkit itself without opening the Wwise Software? Cause it looks like it would be...

@@cozy1 : Yes my .wem file was 3 minutes and something... it was the whole song converted from the .wav

Does this mean I don't have to create a .wem for the toolkit but can just use the ogg or wav?

heres the .wem (if you still need it)  http://www.mediafire.com/listen/g21mquvowz6e7i7/Follow_the_Water_A87855F1.wem

• Developer

@@droxid "Does this mean I don't have to create a .wem for the toolkit but can just use the ogg or wav?"  Yes, that is right.  Feed the toolkit an ogg or wav and toolkit will prepare *.wem and *_preview.wem files for you if you have Wwise build 4828.  Make sure the Wwise GUI is closed, toolkit was never tested with Wwise GUI open.

wem file is valid RS2014 file(RSTK will notify you if you've got wrong audio file, at least it should), so it possible that RSTK attempt to autocreate preview, but preview was already in place, well, It's good that you figured things out, because it looks like odd case when one of the tools can't work on preview. That's my best guess on this.

Thank you for feedback guys :)

• Administrator

@@cozy1 On a side note, i've done some testing and .wem auto conversion in the toolkit works with at least the build 4865 (available to download on the wwise site). I've said it in the github issue but haven't had any return on it yet.

@@droxid The version you use of wwise allow the toolkit to automatically create the wem file if you give him the ogg or wav file created by EOF in the usual field. I would still suggest to use EOF preview function at the moment since it allow you to select the section of 30 seconds of your choice for the preview.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Developer

@@firekorn "I would still suggest to use EOF preview function at the moment since it allow you to select the section of 30 seconds of your choice for the preview."

Based on current toolkit logic, this should work fine as long as you feed toolkit both *.ogg and *_preview.ogg files or *.wav and *_preview.wav files.   If you only feed toolkit the main audio wav/ogg it will then generate the *_preview.wem which sounds like what you don't want.

• Administrator

EOF create on save the *.wav (depending on the settings) and the preview function will create the *_preview.wav file that i want RS to use with the correct name. From there all i have to do is indicate in the toolkit the location of the *.wav file and he create automatically the according *.wem from the *.wav and the *_preview.wem from the *_preview.wav as long as both .wav are in the same folder of course.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

So I try to improve my customs with good previews now. I even made 2 second fadein/fadeouts. Sadly the toolkit can't find Wwise... so i have to still do everything by hand. There should be something in the configuration where I can tell the toolkit where Wwise is installed. Because I changed the standard istallation path of Wwise - could this be the problem?

I got v2013.2.2 build 4828 64-bit and this should be working, right?

And something else... just updated the toolkit again... now I can't edit the arrangments any more but have to remove and add anew every time I want to change something.... and it doesn't even know Eb Standard tuning any more??? What are you doing to the toolkit? Some versions ago everything worked much easier...

• Developer

"Some versions ago everything worked much easier..." 

Easy answer.  Then just use that version.  No one asked you to drive the Lexus.  We are trying to make the toolkit better and add new features.  So naturally things are going to be different and buggy for  awhile.  Patience.

EDIT:  To be clear these are beta releases and are not official yet.  If you don't want to take part in the beta testing then continue to use the official releases and stop whining.

EDIT EDIT: Constructive comments are always welcomed.  BTW I will try to fix the bug.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:  Without adding more new bugs :)  

"Some versions ago everything worked much easier..." 

Easy answer.  Then just use that version.  No one asked you to drive the Lexus.  We are trying to make the toolkit better and add new features.  So naturally things are going to be different and buggy for  awhile.  Patience.

EDIT:  To be clear these are beta releases and are not official yet.  If you don't want to take part in the beta testing then continue to use the official releases and stop whining.

EDIT EDIT: Constructive comments are always welcomed.  BTW I will try to fix the bug.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:  Without adding more new bugs :)  

Yeah sorry.. wasn't my intention to sound rude. 

If they are not official then why do I just have to click on the update button in the toolkit to download them?

I always just want to give feedback.

EDIT: Went back to drive my Mercedes and downgraded to the recommended release :-)

• Developer

Constructive comment always appreciated.  Thanks.  BTW I could not find the problem you pointed out with Eb tuning.

EDIT: You can't go wrong with that Mercedes but we still need test drivers.

• Developer

"There should be something in the configuration where I can tell the toolkit where Wwise is installed."  

Good idea.  Added it to toolkit configuration menu.  Also fixed Wem generation if user provides main wem audio but no preview wem. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Developer

It depends on your selection.  There is a feature in the toolkit configuration menu that lets you pick if you want to use the beta or the release version of the toolkit.

Look for the "Use beta releases" checkbox in the General Config tab and select according to your preference.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy