converting .dat to .psarc

bazinga

Question

I am fairly new at this so please any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I have extracted the .dat file using the toolkit. When I try to add the .xml file it reads eof out of date. Please help me get to the next step.

Sorry if this is a repetitive question on this site.

6 answers to this question

deaf42, on 27 Feb 2014 - 11:29 PM, said:

Just to clarify because I made this same mistake when I first started making CDLC:

There's two things you need to download for eof:

The zip file with the latest eof its got a whole bunch of stuff

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3i22ya9768finre/eof.exe(r1298).zip   The hotfix which is just a new eof.exe file 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/va5puskr171pmmh/eof1.8RC9%28r1296%29.zip

replace the eof.exe file from the zip archive with the hotfix .exe and it should work properly.

As for the .ogg's, if you're getting .ogg files that means you're still using Wwise 2010 you need Wwise 2013

Time? I can't give you time... Anyone can... Time is just an illusion...

My CDLC'S here --> Rush Forge

First i would like to say thank you for all the help so far.

I would like to start again to clarify the problem to make sure we are on the same page. 

I found a .dat file that i would like to convert to a .psarc.

I read on this forum that using the toolkit i can extract files and use them to make a .psarc.  Having done so i was to find in the directories the .xml file.  I have found this file and tried to use it in the tool kit under the creator, arrangements tab.  Where it asks me to add the .xml file i have added the .xml metioned above. 

The toolkit then reads "you appear to be using an old version of Eof please update first."  "choose an appropriate arrangement"

I do not know how to use the Eof to update this file.  Eof does not recognize the files when i select load.  Does the toolkit do this for me automatically or do i have to update manually.

Again thank you for all your help.

As for the .ogg's, if you're getting .ogg files that means you're still using Wwise 2010 you need Wwise 2013

The oggs are what we get when we unpack the DAT file using the Toolkit.

In the meantime, I'm not getting very far with this... I'm stuck on EOF.

Why are the Rocksmith Import and Guitar Pro Import options grayed out?

Edit: I figured it out. I hadn't selected the right song track.... sheesh!

Next problem... I was able to import the .XML file, but I can't see any of the notes?

Grrr.

New edit: No, it's the .DAT file -- I don't think it was ever completed. I hadn't bothered to check it out in RS2012... but it doesn't show up in the songlist at all.

I have the GP file for the song though, so looks like I'll just have to do this one all by myself. Brace yourselves for LOTS of handholding....

No, no no...

Okay, I figured out I hadn't updated the .DAT file's App ID for RS 2012 -- now it does indeed show up in RS2012, and it plays properly.

I've unpacked a couple of other .DAT files and EOF has successfully read their .XML files.

But for this song (the Velvet Underground's Pale Blue Eyes), when I import the .XML file,  EOF doesn't see the notes at all. Why would this be?

There is something weird about this one's XML files. The other songs unpack as "REAL_GUITAR.xml" and "REAL_BASS.xml" etc. But this one unpacks with only one of the guitar tracks (I'm pretty sure it's supposed to have at least the lead and bass guitar, maybe the rhythm guitar as well). And it's labeled "LeadGuitarSterlingMorrison.xml"

If anyone's interested in checking it out, I've uploaded the .dat here: http://www.filedropper.com/vupbe