Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 74

Mortalo

hahaha the thing about The Lemon song is that it has a LOT of bends, and bend detection in Rocksmith is a bitch. Also my guitar has a lot of tension on the strings, so is even harder to bend

Also a lot of random misses :c 

@@Nacholede

You can try this :

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/headbangeeeeerrrrr-r3691

or this:

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/gimme-chocolate-r5861

Not much bends, solo's are really hard. I would recommend Headbangya. It might suit you more. 

But It's already in song selection list for 5 weeks or so. Maybe it's gonna be picked soon, who knows. 

And video's appreciated :P

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

hahaha the thing about The Lemon song is that it has a LOT of bends, and bend detection in Rocksmith is a bitch. Also my guitar has a lot of tension on the strings, so is even harder to bend

Also a lot of random misses :c 

@@Nacholede

You can try this :

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/headbangeeeeerrrrr-r3691

or this:

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/gimme-chocolate-r5861

Not much bends, solo's are really hard. I would recommend Headbangya. It might suit you more. 

But It's already in song selection list for 5 weeks or so. Maybe it's gonna be picked soon, who knows. 

And video's appreciated :P

Got both :D And with high scores!

http://i.imgur.com/eFwcBPt.jpg

The thing is that if there's a song with a lot of bends in it, i can't play it very well, maybe because i need to practice bending 

(I usually bend with 1 finger, i will try with 3 fingers, but bending on solos is even harder)

Is not the case if i tune down, bends are really easy to play

• Like 2

9A7alLl.jpg

The thing is that if there's a song with a lot of bends in it, i can't play it very well, maybe because i need to practice bending 

(I usually bend with 1 finger, i will try with 3 fingers, but bending on solos is even harder)

@@Nacholede

Got the same problem with bends even though im not in the same skill category as you :P haha. I was practicing a lot of Santana and some Jazz in rocksmith and that seems to help out. Smooth by Santana is really good, and all of his other songs I would presume too. Also all the old jazz/blues songs have a lot of bends so you might want to look in to that.

As far as customs are concerned, I think that's it from me :D That's all the hard songs I have. I'm sure that you have Akatsuki and Kimi To Anime Ga Mitai by Babymetal and the only hard song beside Babymetal I created would be this :

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/cure-for-the-enemy-r8107

But I'm not sure if it's hard enough for you :P It's high advanced I would say. But you could give it a go :P

• Like 1

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

@@Nacholede

Got the same problem with bends even though im not in the same skill category as you :P haha. I was practicing a lot of Santana and some Jazz in rocksmith and that seems to help out. Smooth by Santana is really good, and all of his other songs I would presume too. Also all the old jazz/blues songs have a lot of bends so you might want to look in to that.

As far as customs are concerned, I think that's it from me :D That's all the hard songs I have. I'm sure that you have Akatsuki and Kimi To Anime Ga Mitai by Babymetal and the only hard song beside Babymetal I created would be this :

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/cure-for-the-enemy-r8107

But I'm not sure if it's hard enough for you :P It's high advanced I would say. But you could give it a go :P

I really enjoy playing Smooth :D is an awesome song! 

Besides, i watched Whiplash a few days ago and i really wanted to listen to some Jazz bands D:

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

If you want bends you need more blues or rock.

Jazz is very uncommon for bendings, you will find there more slides.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Anyone see Jack White and Robert Plant play The Lemon Song in Argentina the other day? It's pretty awesome  :D

I live 20 minutes away from the place where the Lollapalooza was! It's a shame i couldn't go, i didn't have enough money :c

Also the line up with Cypress Hill and The Smashing Pumpkins reminded me to this:

http://www.pudreteflanders.com/imagenes/capitulos/7/imagen-promocional-los-simpson-reventon-temporada-7_0.png

• Like 3

9A7alLl.jpg

Does anyone of you guys know how i can fix it, when a song doesn't show up in RS?

Can't play the Lemon Song because of that :(

Tried restarting, going into the In-Game Shop and going back to the Opening-Screen.

That ass just won't show itself!

I think repacking or changing the ID will solve the problem 

9A7alLl.jpg

Lemon Song is great, but I'm having trouble working myself up to it -- it is really pushing the limits (lets face it, BEYOND the limits) of my skills.  So in the meantime, here's a try at Beginner Lead:

2015-03-22_152315.jpg

And another run on the really really fun Adv Bass song:

2015-03-23_201058.jpg

That ^^^ took a full playthrough in RR at 85% speed before trying it on SA.  In the slowed down playthrough, I missed 4 notes total and it easily could have been perfect.  But at full speed, it was a mighty effort just to improve from 97.x to 98.16.  Shit ton of fun though.  B)

• Like 7

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

-= weekly leaderboard update =-

players listed: 117 (!)

leader changes:
@@Blazikiller Adv Rhy

on fire:
@@Jambi 70Pts Beg Lead
@@genobadass 83Pts Adv Bass

CONGRATULATIONS!

no players falling off the boards

http://i62.tinypic.com/29kqp1s.jpg

Nice week everyone!
  • Like 5

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@ The Video awards look killer!!! Great!

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=412700472

Really enjoy playing this one so used up my practice time on it to try perfect it. Began committing it to memory so might try a MM video later but having little time sucks giant donkey cojones. I'll have probably forgotten it by the evening. Will do Rainbow later, I feel that particular tune deserves much more than the duration of the song... was thinking earlier about the amount of times I've booted up RS and wondered how many minutes I've wasted just waiting around to get to LAS or SA. I think once a game's booted up for the first time, you should never have to go through all that R...o...c...k...s...m...i...t...h... twen-ty,,, fourrrr-teeeeen, shenanniganary. Days.... DAYS of time I've lost waiting for that to go do one so I can play... I could have leant all that time to learning Rainbow! (first world problems eh...)  ;)

• Like 7

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Intermediate Lead - 94.43%, 128 streak

Yes, it is Intermediate. Ok, solo is impossible in Rocksmith to register. It's really fast, you're skipping strings, but you're not moving much fingers while skipping. On the other hand, Starstruck has not only string skipping but also you have to move that finger on D string. Tricky. And intro is a killer, and this A,D,G fillers are also scary. Proof:

Advanced Lead - 90%, 150 streak

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@@Mortalo I suspect, that you  not used alternate picking  at riffs of a song by Foo Fighter, is it right? Bcs i think it much more hard, than down stroke, but with alt picking possible to get right, good sounds and speed picking exactly in beat.

By the way in a song by Rainbow, In main riff 77 979 use short element sweep picking 9(4) down, then 7(4) up, 9(5) up, this way most easy to play.

In places where fast short arpeggio 89(5)7(4) 89(5)7(3) 9(4) , 1 and 2 fingers stay on frets almost  all time, 1 only short move 7(3), and return to 7(4)  and use alternative picking, this way too enough easy to play.

upd Same element found in outro arpeggio, same short sweep picking down up , 4(3)7(2) down, 5(2) 7(3) up then 5(1) rest, repeat, profit :)

may be in intro too is more easy way for play, will look.

@ Haha, yes, I'm not alting on Foo's :P. It can sound weird but it's too fast for me to alternately pick. Mostly because it's too much of skipping (or should I say skipping by too much). I feel much more comfortably down-strumming in situations like that, still I'm getting better on alt-picking, I can do it on Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand, Foo's are too hard.

Though I'm alting on Starstruck's intro, at 85% speed I could get it flawlessly.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

for the first time in the lb history: no leader changes.

There is a change! I wasn't on the top of Advanced Rhythm before! :)
On mobile, still doin my best to check that right now!!!

- Done.

Right! Congrats, missed that one, numbers appear to be allright.

Post corrected.

Awarding done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm back this week and struggling through Starstruck (adv bass).  Even on RR at 80% speed, I still get 20+ missed notes.  At full speed I only have 90% accuracy.  I'm just not fast enough.  On the other hand, I have all week to fix it.

• Like 3

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Got my "i uncloud your shitty playing" switcher...

http://i58.tinypic.com/29c1j61.jpg

Cant wait to wire it up and give it a go

• Like 2

some first scores.

Black Keys Too Afraid to Love You, 100% Bass

Chill song, i think i could go to Intermediate soon ;P

White Limo 99% Bass

That was exhausting! I really need to practice my right hand on picking lots of consecutive notes.

But still, proves its Intermediate Bass time for me

White Limo Lead, 77% Lead

That was...confusing for me, hahaha. But all in all not that difficult if you got the picking down

Rainbow Starstruck 90% Lead

Awesome song, but maybe would have changed this one with White Limo for the classes. 

Lemon Song, 84% Lead

Love it. need to get those bends and all those solos down

cheers!

• Like 5