Tuining doesn't change

I tried to change the tuning of a psarc because it was set wrong by the creator.

I imported the psarc into the toolkit and edited the parts, changed the tuning to the right one and generated anew - hoewever the tuning was back to original after I checked... other users had the same problem...

Is this a bug?   Somebody wrote that he fixed the xml by hand - I also tried to load it into wordpad but the tuning says something like

<tuning string0="-4" string1="-2" string2="-2" string3="-2" string4="0" string5="0" />

what do the numbers stand for? What would Db,Ab,Db,Gb,Bb,Eb be in those numbers?

Thanks!

• Developer

Did you remember to edit the Arrangement ID's before you repackaged.  If you didn't the game may pick up old tuning from your game save from the old Arrangement ID.  Also remember to use CGT Game Save Gigbox, sync tool to remove old Arrangement IDs from your game save.

A toolkit revision can be made to automatically issue new ID's if user makes changes to tones or arrangements.

EDIT:  The latest release of toolkit will issue new ID's when changes are made.  Give it a try and let me know if it solves your problem.  PM me if it doesn't fix.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Hello there cozy! I didnt even start RS... Its not the savegame. After I repacked... I direcrly loaded the new file again into the toolkit to check and the tuning was back to the original one. The toolkit didn't do any changes to the tuning despite of me telling him to.

• Administrator

The number in the tuning definition stand for the difference between E standard and the wanted tuning.

For exemple Eb (one half step down) would be -1 everywhere (minus one half step on all strings) D standard is -2 everywhere etc...

When you change a cdlc, always reload RS or you might make the game crash!

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Developer

Hello there cozy! I didnt even start RS... Its not the savegame. After I repacked... I direcrly loaded the new file again into the toolkit to check and the tuning was back to the original one. The toolkit didn't do any changes to the tuning despite of me telling him to.

Ok. I reproduced the issue.  Will investigate for you.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Tuning issues in the toolkit have been ongoing.  I couldn't get my Sister Morphine tuning into game for love nor money, until Alex did an update and made my tuning a specific tuning in the toolkit.

Also, in more recent toolkit builds you can't even get bass to say C# Standard.  For my Pantera custom I had to use a really old toolkit to get the game to say C# Standard on bass instead of Custom Tuning.

I think its to do with the toolkit overwriting tunings (even standard ones like E and Drop D) instead of creating new ones.  It's hard to tell because of the confusing English in the toolkit tbh :(

Also, when I was helping someone with an issue a little while ago I remembered why I always erase old psarc builds manually - the toolkit won't overwrite a psarc with the same filename.  You think it's overwritten, but it's not, the original psarc remains.

Maybe that's why the tuning appeared not to have changed, because it was actually the original file he was opening again because he tried to overwrite the original - which actually failed.

I tried to change the tuning of a psarc because it was set wrong by the creator.

I imported the psarc into the toolkit and edited the parts, changed the tuning to the right one and generated anew - hoewever the tuning was back to original after I checked... other users had the same problem?

Is this a bug?   Somebody wrote that he fixed the xml by hand - I also tried to load it into wordpad but the tuning says something like

<tuning string0="-4" string1="-2" string2="-2" string3="-2" string4="0" string5="0" />

what do the numbers stand for? What would Db,Ab,Db,Gb,Bb,Eb be in those numbers?

Thanks!

I managed to change the tuning using the latest rs toolkit. See the post, i wrote the correct values to edit the tuning through xml file. Cheers.

http://customsforge.com/topic/17779-accidents/?hl=accidents

• Like 1

• Developer

Ok, you guys are using a work around for now but the toolkit needs to be fixed.  Please report issues like this here so Devs can make real fixes.  Thanks

• Developer

Ok.  Fixed toolkit bugs.  Tuning and tones should now save properly after editing.  Please test and PM feedback.  Latest build is here.

Still an issue with bass tunings :(

Was doing a D Standard song earlier and the toolkit I use (2.6.1.1) was doing the same as what it did with C# Standard.  I had to go back to 2.6.1.0 to get it to pull the bass arrangement in with correct bass tuning.

It's like it checks 6 strings for bass instead of 4, so for D Standard instead of -2, -2, -2, -2 you get -2, -2, -2, -2, 0, 0 and hence the toolkit thinks its a custom tuining and calls it a custom tuning.

I just downloaded and tried it with your new build a9d2fe5bb7.

If you want to see what I mean pull this arrangement into the toolkit

https://www.sendspace.com/file/k1n7sv

and here's my C# Standard bass arrangement for further testing

https://www.sendspace.com/file/21jsb9

I have a workaround in that I make a template with 2.6.1.0 and pull in the arrangements, then I save the toolkit.  I open the new toolkit build and load up the template and build the psarc.  Once it's pulled in with the old toolkit the tuning seems to be stable and correct.

Thanks for your time in looking at this :D

And I see the wording on the audio path has changed.  Presumably now it does not try to convert if you add a .wem?

• Developer

What, you want bass to work too.  JK  I will look into it.  Did you test guitar tuning?

• Administrator

@@cozy1 : About tuning, the problem is that the toolkit is looking for the full 6 strings to select the tuning as @PC Plum said. The thing is that EOF doesn't define the bass tuning on 6 strings but only on 4 putting the other two strings at 0. The toolkit think it's a new tuning and add it and it shows as a custom tuning in RS.

I correct this by modifying the .xml of the bass arrangement by correcting the last two strings to match the tuning i'm looking for before adding the arrangement in the toolkit.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Developer

Thanks ... good explanation of problem.

• Developer

Fixes for tuning, including bass tuning are here

Edit: now available in binary release (*.exe).

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy