Bad customers

Bornwild

Question

Short. It's not going to happen.

That was already discussed countless times, and it's not going to work. But you can look into our Rocksmith Championship, as we're selecting only high quality customs (list of played songs), we even created table with our difficulty ratings for songs. It's not much, only 4 new songs per week, but it's something that you can rely on.

Big problem with big system for all customs, is that it would be impossible to check it, to keep it honest. As you would need people to play this songs, after each update, and you need few players, as it can't be decision made by one. Championship provides us with opportunity to carefully analyze songs. Participants are commenting on difficulty, on issues with songs. So there is a group that you can count on, and there are still Organizers, who are making sure everything is just. But as noted before, we're doing it on few songs each week.

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

The main problem is they will not respond to any criticism They upload totally unplayable songs then wont respond. There is one user who has uploaded many customs and none are playable. 

:wub: My mother said I could grow up to be anything I wanted

So I became an Asshole. :D

• Administrator

You can report those CDLC if they are really problematic and admin will take action if needs be.

I know it can be frustrating to see great song being unplayable cdlc but it's also part of the thing. It's better to take action later than punish everyone first by controlling the charters.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Maybe one "proposed for abandoned" option to mark unplayable and not corrected song should be interesting. Problem is there are customers not making some songs because "they're done" and all we are loosing the chace to get a better custom

Thats a great idea Abandon customs should be deleted. 

• Administrator

@@Bornwild It's already something that happens behind the scene many customs have either been deleted or hided from everyone because they were unplayable or not even available anymore.

As i already said, the admin can take the action that needs to be taken and they already do, just use the report button ;)

• Like 4

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Maybe the site need a option of rating test. No stars, a note with an analysis for the custom, but this is difficult to get on practise... With a group of people that test the song and put a note when finish his testing and said why the note, like metacritic for movies and series, or ign for games.

Well anyway you can report the custom, for abandon or not listen what say the others on feedback to improve.

Just an opinion, because in my case a do a lot of fixes on all the customs xD

All my Customs here: Sirandok's CDLC  Total of Customs: 166 Last Update: Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting

"Music is Life"

I have downloaded some not so great customs and never said anything because they were playable. But the ones that cannot be played at all need to be removed.

We have an abandoned DLC policy, so its very possible for someone to still make DLC even though it's already been made. Very recently I prodded @@firekorn to make a new version of Pinball Map because the current one isn't the best quality. But I would never ask for it to be deleted. 

One issue is that a DLC can fail in Rocksmith for a variety of reasons. A corrupt download, for example, is not the creators issue but the users. Md5 hashes can help alleviate this, for instance.

Star rating systems don't really do much to help the issue. Popular songs are likely to get higher "ratings", and there's the aforementioned issue of people trolling ratings. Not to mention the added database stress/processing, because you would have to either clear or keep track of the ratings for each version (so as an owner you also may not want to update your DLC for fear of losing your previous reviews). 

I said this before at the MagFEST panel. We're a community. We aren't running a business, all DLC work is "free" (providing that you have the rights/purchased to the songs/supported the band that you're playing / bought rocksmith to support Ubisoft ), so we welcome content of all qualities. Removing someone else's work is a huge motivation killer, whereas providing constructive feedback shows that you care and helps motivate/improve the DLC.

The only time I would support such a thing is if the database started slowing down greatly due to the amount of songs, but I think scale won't be an issue for us.

I really admire what the Rocksmith Championship peeps are doing because it is subjective but organized, and detached from search/ignition.

Of course, I'm only one part of the Customsforge team and the others may have differing opinions.

• Like 1

So far there is only 1 custom maker that I am talking about. He has been told by several Magna Charter members how to fix them and offered advice. but all to  avail. He keeps uploading customs with the same  problems.  So the one is wasting download time and rock smith reboots.

Maybe one "proposed for abandoned" option to mark unplayable and not corrected song should be interesting. Problem is there are customers not making some songs because "they're done" and all we are loosing the chace to get a better custom

Or made available for others to fix and re-release.

• Like 1

Or made available for others to fix and re-release.

This option is already available, but is not the idea.

All my Customs here: Sirandok's CDLC  Total of Customs: 166 Last Update: Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting

"Music is Life"

We had a star system that was developed shortly before the fall of SA and it totally wrecked havoc. A star system relies on opinion, and what happened was people would see songs uploaded by artists they didn't like (example: Justin Beiber) and get destroyed with 1 star ratings from people who never even downloaded it. There were MANY instances of people leaving comments that were basically "screw this song, 1 star for wasting your time on this song" and so on.

A direct star system would be horrible, though there is a star rating you can give the record page on these forums, I do look at that, but it doesn't affect me downloading or not. I downloaded a 1 star song with several ratings the other day and it worked perfectly for me, and there were no comments explaining why the 1 star rating, hence a great example of why that system will just not work in a directly-integrated way for our customs here.

I agree that I wish we had some ways to filter out some of the...less...uh......well some of these just really suck, and they are uploaded and then forgotten. I have no problem giving feedback for bass parts on customs, and when I see issues, I don't hesitate to point it out (I'm sure I got annoying to Teinashu after awhile lol, sorry mate!). More people willing to put in the time actually giving feed back (good feedback = "Awesome custom, ty!", bad feedback = "this sucks, totally shit" with no explanation of what is wrong with it) would help A LOT in keeping our list here clean and polished

zuca230 is posting a lot bad customers, someone should help him!!!!

He dont respond to comments. Thats the problem. He can get help but if he don't respond and keeps uploading garbage there is nothing else to do. He uploaded a whole slew of bad customs this weekend .  All unplayable.

If people are uploading trash constantly, they should get their upload permissions revoked.

Simple as that.

I'm good with that, but only after it's crystal clear they have no desire to improve the product.  (Apathy when dealing with criticism, no response after X days/weeks, etc...)

• Like 1