[Feedback] My thoughts

Tremonster

Question

Hi guys, 

Ignition has been out of a couple of weeks now, so I thought lets give some feedback about it.

First and foremost, I like the idea, as well as the new features. 

There's only ONE thing I personally dislike, which is the color layout. The 'Old' search used white as background color and black for text. And Bold black for new CDLC's. For me this color scheme was very clear. It was easy to see which CDLC's were new etc.

Ignition uses dark blue as background color and white text. Which is a lot less clear in my eyes, Bold black is easily recognizable. Bold White just looks strange. 

Moral of the story, I don't like dark layouts. It isn't 'easy on the eyes' for me. And some of my friends (Who are members here as well) share this opinion. This doesn't mean its bad, Personally I just don't like it.

That'd be all, if you share the same opinion, feel free to reply.

Greetings

• Like 2

7 answers to this question

To keep it simple, I don't like Ignition. I like the old search better. Would like to see it still available. The old search was easier to use, easier on the eyes, easier to understand. This search makes me not want to use it at all.

I still use search.customsforge.com. Still works

• Administrator

Just want to say that ignition is still in beta and update will come and your feedback are taken into account. Just a little of patience and everythings will get better!

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

To keep it simple, I don't like Ignition. I like the old search better. Would like to see it still available. The old search was easier to use, easier on the eyes, easier to understand. This search makes me not want to use it at all.

I still use search.customsforge.com. Still works

At the top of that page, it says

Please note we will be removing this old search sometime this year, so it's better if you get used to our new search and alert us of any bugs/feature requests via our forum.

Development is a good thing, I am not bashing Ignition as it still is a work in progress.

Some suggestions:

Give the user the option to change the GUI to older search
- the current version of the Ignition "feels" similar to the new m$ windows style, this is not a good thing...

Give the user the option to change the colors similar to the old search
- the old search is easier to read, sometimes less is more

Here is some discussion on this subject:
http://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/52833/which-color-scheme-to-choose-for-applications-that-require-long-work-hours

Give the user the option to change the Font to the one used in the old search
- the old search screen feels "crispy", in contrast, the font that Ingintion uses, looks bloated.

Give the user the option to activate the lines between cells.
- the old search, with visible cell borders, makes it clear, much more easier for the eyes, more comfortable to use.

• Like 1

Also any chance the height of each row could be made more like the old system? ignition seems to have like twice the vertical space taken up per song (or half the number of tracks per page depending how you look at it)

Alternatively adjustable size options for people who want bigger text or somesuch could be handy.

And seconding(or whatevernumbering) wanting the less dark colours and more clear alternating line colours and 

Bring Back Bold (or something similar) to distinguish new uploads

Also, direct links to Ignition don't have the old (or a new) favicon when bookmarked