I don't think i like RS2014!

kevb

Question

So I've been playing RS for a while now and just upgraded to 2014 as it was on sale. I'm really not bonding with it!

Firstly, there is the Uplay login, I believe I have to log in / register to be able to enter the game code but there are problems with this as far as servers and passwords etc?

Secondly, I like to warm up on some of the guitarcade games. the games in 2014 take so long and are so slow...it's awful!

Thirdly, the speakers at the side of the screen... Why? I can hear I'm playing, they just take screen space and reduce the size available for the note conveyor!

Lastly, for the moment, I really like the 'journey' mode in rs; rehearse the tunes it gives you and perform a gig, it gives me a variety of music I might not otherwise choose. Is this format available in 2014, I presume it's in continuous play?

Yes, I've only just started it, but on the whole I think the game makes more negative changes than positive for my novice level. Does anyone suggest how I can enjoy it a little more?

11 answers to this question

Every single one of these issues I complained about too when RS14 first came out :D

But after a while, I'd never consider going back to RS12.  RS14 is superior in every way that matters...  note detection, latency, riff repeater inside the song, tone changes, techniques (bends, slides, unpitched slides, linked notes), available customs, higher audio quality possible, etc etc etc

And if you keep pressing Esc you can skip the login to Ubi (think there is once you need to press Enter, but its all Esc, Esc, Esc).

I think once you try Session Mode you will forget all about RS12 :D

I do miss the performances though, cute blond girl really liked my guitar playing :(

• Like 4

I never have to ubi login as it goes right to rocksmith (I think UBI login is automatic).

The rest of the things you mention have merit but are easily overlooked once

you really dig into rocksmith and CDLC. There is no way I could use 2012 either although there are some

things I miss, overall RS14 is solid. I HAATE the keyboard input

navigation, as it was coded by a bunch of monkeybutts.

• Like 1

don't worry, almost everyone got your feelings when played the first times RS2014.

cause you got expectations of what have to be improved...and got disappointed.

but trust me, it's just a matter of time.

in a couple of weeks you'll get the habit, because it's true that something is worst, but a lot of things it's better.

-

it's been a year that i play RS2014 and sometimes i make a dive in the past and start RS1 to play a CDLC not available on the new version.........ehm......well....... you'll find by yourself!

-

so,you're right, there's a bunch of stuff that could have been better, but many improvement are already there.

I tried to go back and play a custom on rocksmith 2012 after playing 2014 and the load time from boot up to actually playing a song is horrible I would never go back to that I was so frustrated I just charted the song for 2014 since it had never been upgraded.  The arcade on 2014 is slow and could be improved but after the novelty wore off I havent even touched that in months maybe even a year.  Play 2014 awhile and then go back and you will quickly notice the improvements that you don't notice right away.

Like the guitar always being on, I just remembered that.  It's so subtle in RS14 that its always on, only when you go back to RS12 do you notice that its not on.  You are like, wtf is my cable broke?  Where's my guitar sound??  How the hell did I ever get on when I can only hear my guitar during gameplay???

Now I fancy RR'ing that section so I'll just press space bar... doh, wtf.  I have to come out of the song, and load up (like literally load for ages) that one fkn section.  Oh sht I loaded the wrong section, balls.

In RS12s defense, I did absolutely love making up a set list then "performing" it to my adoring (and very sexy) fans.  Think that should definitely come back in RS16, unlocking bigger venues to play in.  And also the rank system.  You are now a Guitar God and can play at Wembley.  Minted :D

• Like 1

I gotta be honest.  I don't see the complaints.  I've been gaming since the dawn of time, Wolfenstein 3D, Myst, etc...

Never have I seen a game come out with their next iteration and had it include so many user-requested changes. 

Like the guitar always being on, I just remembered that.  It's so subtle in RS14 that its always on, only when you go back to RS12 do you notice that its not on.  You are like, wtf is my cable broke?  Where's my guitar sound??  How the hell did I ever get on when I can only hear my guitar during gameplay???

Now I fancy RR'ing that section so I'll just press space bar... doh, wtf.  I have to come out of the song, and load up (like literally load for ages) that one fkn section.  Oh sht I loaded the wrong section, balls.

In RS12s defense, I did absolutely love making up a set list then "performing" it to my adoring (and very sexy) fans.  Think that should definitely come back in RS16, unlocking bigger venues to play in.  And also the rank system.  You are now a Guitar God and can play at Wembley.  Minted :D

Um, you can unlock venue sizes,, it's not exactly like 2012 was but the room does get bigger. I miss the Event mode, I liked loading up 8 songs and scoring 1 million points,, but 2014 is just so much better for techniques and stuff.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

I've never looked into venues too much in RS14.  I know it changes itself, and I must have unlocked everything by now, and sometimes you do get some serious crowd noise, but it's not the same as having named venues with themes - dingy little club, decent sized hall, theatre, stadium.

Is there a way to choose where you play in RS14?

And yeah, event mode it was that I really liked.  Even qualifying the songs was a nice mini-challenge.

Screenies of some top event mode scores?  Think I hit 1.5 million one time, but it completely depends on the encores it throws you.  2 encores you can play and score in master mode and you were on a scoring rampage :D

• Like 1

So I've been playing RS for a while now and just upgraded to 2014 as it was on sale. I'm really not bonding with it!

Firstly, there is the Uplay login, I believe I have to log in / register to be able to enter the game code but there are problems with this as far as servers and passwords etc?

On PS3, I have it set to not automatically sign into PSN, and when RS2014 wants to log into it, to be able to get to Uplay, I don't let it.

You have to log into Uplay one time on PC, I think, to get it to stop asking for something. I couldn't prevent it from logging in automatically, so I changed my Uplay password and didn't tell RS2014 what it is. So now it can't log into Uplay any more. I think the game is more stable without logging into Uplay, plus they can't spam my song list with their current week's DLC.

I only miss the gig mode and scoring points in RS2012.

The venue in RS2014 looks like a bunch of ghosts or other creatures. I feel like I'm playing in the purgatory :lol:

Also, I don't like that RS2012 doesn't have a tone change. Whenever I play 'Free Bird', I go crazy, cause in the first part of the song there should be a clean tone, and I have to stick with a distortion tone.

'In a song and dance man expresses himself as a member of a higher community: he has forgotten how to walk and speak and is on the way flying up into air, dancing.'

My customs || My workshop

I do miss the performances though, cute blond girl really liked my guitar playing :(

Indeed I miss the audience too.Rs put some effort in the guitar hero experience.I remember to perform wrong once and that blonde cross arms like saying ,that isn't right. Nice!. And removing replay is what I hate most between other stuff. But things are what is it. I compared the 2 games like having a not so good teacher but you like and having a better teacher that you dislike. The plus for RS 14 is that you can adjust riff difficult right from the start and the customs are killer besides that, think we have to overlook all other stuff. :( 

• Like 1