Using iRig HD instead of RealTone cable?

curtisrollo

Question

Hey guys,

Sorry to ask this if it's been addressed before. I just got an iRig HD, which lets you plug in a guitar/ bass into USB for PC. The quality of this is much better than the Realtone cable, which I also have, and I can also adjust manually the gain. 

Is there a way (such as a patch) I can use to use the iRig HD instead? Does anyone have any experience using other cables?

Thanks in advance!

7 answers to this question

Hmmm no but, you may be able to use it in conjunction with your realtone cable and still gain a better sound.
Try to use the realtone cable by attaching the jack-end to the output of the iRig and the usb-end to your pc? Then use a regular cable for the connection between guitar and iRig.

I run a regular cable from my guitar to my noisegate and then use the realtone cable from the gate to the pc. Works good for me, especially on very noisy tones.

Thanks guys, I've been using Tmlt's way of using a splitter to run one end into Rocksmith, and one end into my iPhone/ iRig. It's clunky and a mess of wires, but the sound quality is much better, and I can hear the bass much clearer. 

I use a Behringer HD 400 Hum Destroyer. You can use a regular cable and it gets rid of that pesky ground hum.

I connect my guitar to an iRig stompbox's input. The realtone cable goes from its main output to the computer. The second output goes to an amp. I then adjust the mix in Rocksmith so that I don't hear my instrument played through Rocksmith.

This allows me to avoid the lag you get when using a regular guitar to play the bass tracks. When I play lead or rhythm tracks I can either adjust Rocksmith's mix or just play the amp still (which means I don't hear the Rocksmith effects). I can also play through both, though it gets a bit weird since there's still a tiny hint of lag through the Realtone cable.