Dead note chords showing as a separate chord

Karmeleaux

Apologies if anyone has run into this issue before, I looked through the topics here and didn't see anything.

Instead of rendering dead note chords as X boxes in the same chord shape (official DLC example in spoilers),

http://www.cdlc.wit-n-wiz.com/morethanafeeling.png

I've noticed my recent CDLCs that I've charted are rendering them as a separate chord box that alternates with any non-dead note versions of the chord.

http://www.cdlc.wit-n-wiz.com/me%20enamora.png

This isn't just ugly but seems to have performance effects, as my game chugs a bit when I get to this chorus the first time.

Firekorn was able to help me with pointing out that they are being rendered as separate chords in the xml file, though they have the same fret and finger information. I've tried a few things to try to automatically regenerate the xml file, but everything short of manually editing it seems to result in this for me.

The notes.eof for this particular project is available at: http://www.cdlc.wit-n-wiz.com/Me%20Enamora/

Any assistance in resolving this problem would be appreciated, thanks.

I've always got the multitracks.

I'm not 100% so don't shoot me...

In EoF you have them as Shift + X mutes, try them as Ctrl + X mutes.

Might not have the completely desired effect, but it'll look a lot nicer for a lot less work than manually editing XMLs.

Or, dare I say it, load up an old EoF and save the project using that (ssshhhhhhh!!!!)

• Administrator

@@raynebc not sure it is expected behaviour to have the same chord shape with same fingering being treated as different chords in the xml. At least it seems odd to do that on my point of view.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I'd have to spend some time examining the problem. It seems like in r1314 (on April 8, 2014) I changed the chord comparison logic to also compare string muting statuses. I don't remember if this was needed for a particular reason. If anybody knows if it is or isn't, please let me know. If I made it ignore the muting status I think the worst that would happen would be two chords with the same defined fretting and fingering would display the same even if some of the string mutings didn't match between the two.

• Like 2