Can Someone Make a GP File For Me?

PC Plum

Question

Hi, I'm trying to do a song that I've wanted to do forever (I'm not naming it, don't wanna spoil it).  It's a real guitar classic but it has not been done yet...  because there are no tabs about.

I went and bought official tabs from MySongBook and printed them off (simply can't get MySongBook tabs unlocked and useable).  I've been trying to input the tabs manually to EoF but its driving me demented.  I've taken about 3 hours to get 12 bars done.  There's 100 bars overall and pretty random soloing.

Anyway, the tabs are spot on for guitar and bass but I don't know if I'm gonna finish this as it's going to take me forever.

I was hoping that a nice person with GP experience would tab them into GP for me?

I've printed them to XPS files so if someone wants to do it then PM me.  I could possibly make PDF if it comes to it.

I'm not trying to be cheeky, everyone has their thing.  Mine is making customs from existing GP files, other people actually like making GP files...

Thought I would ask, cheers!

14 answers to this question

Wow what a community :D

Just to let readers know I have had a couple of great offers and we should be putting a great big smile on people's faces soon :D

Hey Plum, if you happen to run across a way to unlock files from mySongbook or maybe a way to convert quality pdf files to GP, please let me know.  I've tried PDFtoMusic Pro and PhotoScore... neither was worth a crap (IMO).

I couldn't find the temp files in the hidden folders or nothing.  It must download the chart to somewhere, one of them Virtual Store folders or something.

Couldn't find diddly on Google about locations of temp files or how to unlock them.

Anyway, don't wanna start talking about that on here.  It's bordering on breaking the rules so ssshhhhh :D

• Like 1

Well it was only one, and it was Cortez the Killer.  It's all done and released :D

You volunteering for more?

Some tasty written music out there that could be customs if it were in GP format...

I'm still gearing up to start <learn> the process, so it may give me a bit of experience.  If it helps out, I might be game!

Hey Plum, if you happen to run across a way to unlock files from mySongbook or maybe a way to convert quality pdf files to GP, please let me know.  I've tried PDFtoMusic Pro and PhotoScore... neither was worth a crap (IMO).

I tried the demo version of capella scan (http://www.capella.de/us/index.cfm/products/capella-scan/info-capella-scan/) and works great but it's really limited and the pay version is very expensive.

• Like 1

I have spoken to somone who has the pay version, and the feedback is that it will take just as long to go thorugh, varify and fix any errors than it would just to type it in yourself from scratch.  And it's only for proper written music, not tabs.

Someday I might knuckle down and learn how to input to GP myself...