Fret hand positions - highest generated fret position = 19?

bob64

The (*) just means that it is populated i.e. there are notes in it.  The (*) in the main window bar at the top defines the same, which is handy when moving between normal view and tech view - you can easily see if any tech notes are present.

Edit - oops I looked at your screen full size and I dunno.  I see now the (*), I thought you were on about the *

I guess the way I designed that identifier is a bit tricky. When tech view is in effect, no (*) is displayed, the regular * will then represent the presence of tech notes. If anybody thinks this is overly misleading, let me know and I'd consider fixing it to be more consistent.

• Like 1

Oh that explains it. Found the technotes which were apparently imported with the gp5.

Had to delete all normal notes and scroll until i saw something.... is there any easier way to go to the first selected note (noticed 5 notes selected when did a CTL+A)?

EOF doesn't have a function to seek to the first/next/prev selected note, but it has the ability to seek to the first/next/prev note in general:

CTRL+Home (Seek to first note)
SHIFT+Pg Dn (Seek to next note)

SHIFT+Pg Up (Seek to prev note)

• Like 1

Alex, I know how to use technotes, I just never noticed that the UI displayed the presence of technotes until now. Thought I accidentally added a "problem note" somewhere. The root cause was when I created the gp5 by painstakingly transcribing it from a score, I didn't notice that the gp5 I imported somehow had 5 technotes hidden in 1799 normal notes. And its not like the forum lets you search for "(*)". And since google apparently doesn't index these forums, so even google searches didn't help. I even searched for some combinations of bracket star bracket in these forums before asking.

Bottom line, when you've got 5 technotes hidden somewhere in five and a half minute song containing 1799 notes, it's kinda hard to notice where the hell they are, especially when no ones got any idea what (*) symbolizes to determine what to even look for. Yeah I know there's a tutorial section, but that's a lot of ground to cover when you can't search the entire forums for it.

Anyway Raynebc, any way to add tooltips? Would be nice to hover over more subtle UI elements to figure out what they mean.

There's no tooltip system available for EOF to leverage as far as I can tell. Maybe this is something that could be improved if/when EOF is ported to Allegro 5, but probably not before.

Otherwise if you're trying to figure out how to perform a complicated task, just ask and I can usually come up with a reasonably easy way to do it.