Mac Toolkit Doesn't Start

Need to remember that supports for Mac is limited on the GUI, use CLI tools for most common jobs.

Yeah the only thing I've been able to do via the Mac GUI is convert from PC->Mac format. Everything else I've tried in the toolkit (e.g. adjusting volumes) seems to be fairly broken. I will try the Windows version next time I'm stuffing around with CDLC (I run Windows in a VM); I imagine it is quite a bit more reliable.

As for the OP's problem; have you tried sacrificing a goat?  :)

I downloaded the mono 2.4 and restarted my computer, but when I start the toolkit, it just cancels right away. Doesn't load up at all. First time using it. I just want to convert CDLC from PC to PS3.

Try the latest version of Mono (3.something). I've only tested on the latest version.
  • Like 1

On Mavericks, I had to install Mono and also install X11 to get the toolkit to work.

X11 is not installed on a new Mavericks installation.

• Like 1

I own 2 guitars, one day I might be able to play them!

Hi

as Snakez mentions above

Try the latest version of Mono (3.something). I've only tested on the latest version.

MonoFramework-MDK-3.2.7.macos10.xamarin.x86.pkg should sort you out. My Toolkit stopped working a couple of days ago after I applied an update (10.9.2) to OSX.  I upgraded mono from the link above and it works again now.

Mono MDK installer

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top

• 1 month later...

When I go to the packer/unpacker tab to update an appID, I click on the tab to choose DLC.  The navigation window is forcing me to search for file type Custom Rocksmith/Rocksmith2014 DLC (*.dat;*)  Of course the files I'm looking for don't have that extension, but it won't let me change it.  Help?

Hi,

I have this problem:

when i try to convert from pc to xbox I getting this error with all versions 2.6 (mac):

Application. ThreadExcepition

System.IO.FileNotFoundExcepition: Could not find file "/var/folders/3q/5ly04dwd1257kx8p4ch2cvvm0000gn/T/tmp580a56d5.dds".

File name: '/var/folders/3q/5ly04dwd1257kx8p4ch2cvvm0000gn/T/tmp580a56d5.dds

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream: ctor

(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)

at RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageCreator.GenerateRS2014SongPsarc (System.IO.MemoryStream output, RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageData info, RocksmithToolkitLib.Platform platform) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Could not find file "/var/folders/3q/5ly04dwd1257kx8p4ch2cvvm0000gn/T/tmp580a56d5.dds".

Please send us "RSToolkit 2014-04-20.log", you can find in Toolkit folder

There something with temp files at mac or about rights, can't test cause I have PC only :(

Hi not getting your meaning here Alex.   All that happens is that the icon moves very briefly into the Dock then disappears. It does not open. I have the latest version of Monoframework.

Do any of the Toolkit developers have any ideas about what is causing the issues with the Mac package of Custom toolkit?

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Ok, so I had inadvertently copied an older version of Mono, doh!

I reinstalled Mono (MonoFramework-MDK-3.2.7.macos10.xamarin.x86-2.pkg) and latest package of there toolkit (master-2.6.0.0-4174fc7b3141.tar) and it now works :-)

Ok, so I had inadvertently copied an older version of Mono, doh! I reinstalled Mono (MonoFramework-MDK-3.2.7.macos10.xamarin.x86-2.pkg) and latest package of there toolkit (master-2.6.0.0-4174fc7b3141.tar) and it now works :smile:

Glad you got it working.I've just done some testing to figure out which versions work & which don't. I've updated the launcher script on the build server so it should properly complain now if your version is too old, this will take effect in the next build.

Hi,

I have this problem:

when i try to convert from pc to xbox I getting this error with all versions 2.6 (mac):

Application. ThreadExcepition

System.IO.FileNotFoundExcepition: Could not find file "/var/folders/3q/5ly04dwd1257kx8p4ch2cvvm0000gn/T/tmp580a56d5.dds".

File name: '/var/folders/3q/5ly04dwd1257kx8p4ch2cvvm0000gn/T/tmp580a56d5.dds

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream: ctor

(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)

at RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageCreator.GenerateRS2014SongPsarc (System.IO.MemoryStream output, RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageData info, RocksmithToolkitLib.Platform platform) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Could not find file "/var/folders/3q/5ly04dwd1257kx8p4ch2cvvm0000gn/T/tmp580a56d5.dds".

Please send us "RSToolkit 2014-04-20.log", you can find in Toolkit folder

hi all,

Like the other Mac guys all I want to do is convert from PC to Mac.

But I cant open a file I get the following.

versions

RSToolkit = Version: 2.6.0.0-2b5841da

Mono = 3.4

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I resently discovered you guys last week. Bought Mac RS and started jamming to LedZep

Amazing work

So now Ill have to get a PC to make some Pixies CDLCs

but for now.... any ideas?

2014-05-01 19:33:12.0589 | mm.local localhost - XXXX| PID: 9492 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (ERROR) : RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.<Main>b__1 System.XmlVoid .ctor(IStaticXsltContext)Exception catched:System.ArgumentException: handleParameter name: Invalid.  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (IntPtr handle, FileAccess access, Boolean ownsHandle, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean isAsync, Boolean isZeroSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (intptr,System.IO.FileAccess,bool,int,bool,bool)  at System.Console.Open (IntPtr handle, FileAccess access, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Console.OpenStandardInput (Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Console.SetupStreams (System.Text.Encoding inputEncoding, System.Text.Encoding outputEncoding) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Console..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 System.TypeInitializationException An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Console Void .ctor(IStaticXsltContext) at Mono.Xml.XPath.XPathParser..ctor (IStaticXsltContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Xml.XPath.XPathExpression.Compile (System.String xpath, IXmlNamespaceResolver nsResolver, IStaticXsltContext ctx) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Xml.XPath.XPathExpression.Compile (System.String xpath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Xml.XPath.XPathNavigator.Compile (System.String xpath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Xml.XmlNode.SelectSingleNode (System.String xpath, System.Xml.XmlNamespaceManager nsmgr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Xml.XmlNode.SelectSingleNode (System.String xpath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.UnixFileSystem.WriteRecentlyUsedFiles (System.String fileToAdd) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.MWFVFS.WriteRecentlyUsedFiles (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.MWFFileView.WriteRecentlyUsed (System.String fullfilename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.MWFFileView:WriteRecentlyUsed (string)  at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.OnClickOpenSaveButton (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.OnForceDialogEndFileView (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.MWFFileView.OnDoubleClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.ListView+ItemControl.HandleClicks (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs me) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.ListView+ItemControl.ItemsMouseUp (System.Object sender, System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs me) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.ListView+ItemControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Console ---> System.ArgumentException: handleParameter name: Invalid.  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (IntPtr handle, FileAccess access, Boolean ownsHandle, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean isAsync, Boolean isZeroSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (intptr,System.IO.FileAccess,bool,int,bool,bool)  at System.Console.Open (IntPtr handle, FileAccess access, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Console.OpenStandardInput (Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Console.SetupStreams (System.Text.Encoding inputEncoding, System.Text.Encoding outputEncoding) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Console..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---  at Mono.Xml.XPath.XPathParser..ctor (IStaticXsltContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Xml.XPath.XPathExpression.Compile (System.String xpath, IXmlNamespaceResolver nsResolver, IStaticXsltContext ctx) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Xml.XPath.XPathExpression.Compile (System.String xpath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Xml.XPath.XPathNavigator.Compile (System.String xpath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Xml.XmlNode.SelectSingleNode (System.String xpath, System.Xml.XmlNamespaceManager nsmgr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Xml.XmlNode.SelectSingleNode (System.String xpath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.UnixFileSystem.WriteRecentlyUsedFiles (System.String fileToAdd) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.MWFVFS.WriteRecentlyUsedFiles (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.MWFFileView.WriteRecentlyUsed (System.String fullfilename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.MWFFileView:WriteRecentlyUsed (string)  at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.OnClickOpenSaveButton (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.OnForceDialogEndFileView (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.MWFFileView.OnDoubleClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.ListView+ItemControl.HandleClicks (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs me) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.ListView+ItemControl.ItemsMouseUp (System.Object sender, System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs me) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.ListView+ItemControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy