CDLC from multitracks

Nyarlah

Hey guys,

I've just made a For Whom The Bell Tolls CDLC as a test (because it's quick to chart) from multitrack stems, and excluding the main guitar parts in the audio.

Basically you just hear the bass drums and vocals and the occasionnal backing guitar during lead melodies. You actually just hear your guitar, you're not playing on top of the original one.

In my mind it's the endgame of learning a song: sounding good without the original content in the background to help/support.

What do you guys think ? It poses a few logistic issues like having to make a separate CDLC for each instrument or finding the actual stems. Dynamic difficulty and the overall learning phase is much more difficult too without hearing the original content. But I find the idea very promising, maybe as an addition to existing CDLCs that already handle dynamic difficulty.

I post this here instead of submitting the CDLC because I have no idea if people would actually like the idea, or how to format the topic to accentuate the multitrack aspect.

Any feedback would be awesome !

link again: https://mega.co.nz/#!8l5SES7Z!IcWlZgtCCmMZlWJkgPS7DTnvq0INE65oH0kSAfAoE28

Yeah Izzy told me it's already a thing after I posted. But since I wasn't able to find it before posting, is there a keyword or any way to name or find multitrack customs ? Alex360 how do you setup your All in 1 customs ? do you link multiple psarcs in a single topic ?

I wish I was able to look for those customs in ignition with a specific filter or tag. Maybe we could come up with a keyword or a specific way to name it ?

You can always search for 'multitrack' word in search(and add it to your song name in search) there is Karmeleaux posted tutorial about Multitracks here: http://customsforge.com/topic/16707-how-to-create-customs-with-multitracks/ 

I'm planning on adding this feature in toolkit, in fact I haven't tested it in-game yet, but I have a working theory(even two) about how to implement this ;)

In this Ignition-feedback thread of mine I have suggested to implement an actual filter for Multitrack-CDLC for the new search (among other things).

But I have no idea if any of the developers have actually read that...

I really don't like it when people add anything to the song name, but I understand that currently this is the only way to draw attention to multitrack versions (and they deserve it ;) )

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• 2 months later...

@, it's already in dev build (as I remember all stuff can access it, you just need to know a link C: )
but dev build have no recent database and it's mostly for testing purposes, there is also metronome track, but tss, I'm not sure it would be in release build :)

slap me if you feel like I'm oversharing info :(

• Like 2