BandFuse Customs Research (Is there a better place for this?)

SFenton

If the music video mostly just uses the same audio as the album/single/etc. recording of the song, all somebody would have to do is resync the beginning of the song.  Worst case scenario, just rip the audio track from the video and resync to that.  I made some Phase Shift charts with background music videos and I think it's a cool feature.

I did some HQ vids (720p) for Phase Shift too,

I've rip the Youtube HD vid, extract the music,

Used audacity to import both youtube "crap quality" sound & import Flac,

there's one option in Audacity wich "stretch" the audio (as usually when the song lenght is different, it's the same audio but with a very little slower/faster rythm resulting in a different song lenght)

The idea is to use the Audacity waveform graph to compare the 2 audio lenghts & align the HD on Youtube,

Compare them in first time if there's noticeable differences try from one different album (single or best of instead of the album)

Use the max zoom option to finalyse the micro syncing.

Tada.. HD vid & HQ Audio.

• Like 1

there's one option in Audacity wich "stretch" the audio (as usually when the song lenght is different, it's the same audio but with a very little slower/faster rythm resulting in a different song lenght)

I believe that's the "change tempo" function.
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, .bik support does not work in multiplayer, meaning that BF customs, unless someone gets audio working, will be solely a single-player experience.

EDIT: Well, you can do vocals and another instrument simultaneously, but yeah, nothing with multiplayer that doesn't involve vocals.

• Like 1

Hmm.
The other day I was fooling around with avisynth/megui, it uses clt files for designating cuts for video editing. I think maybe between the clt and bik files there might be some audio volume settings going on.
I was also fooling around with Bink and was able to convert a bik to avi video, the Alanis video from the PS3 Bandfuse files. When I tried mixing audio into the video all I was able to get was static.

Today I fooled around with EOF importing the Bandfuse tabs from the rif files.
Had success with Alanis and Megadeth. The import included the different difficulties and only real bass and real guitar parts, no voice or second guitar. The tabs for these two were three beats behind the mp3 so I compensated with 3 beats of leading silence, after that the tabs were right on.
I also tried importing Testament but the tabs were 3 beats ahead of the mp3 and I didn't know how to adjust, I wanted to add 3 beats to the start but couldn't figure it out.

Note: I downloaded your homemade bk2 video the other day, I was able to see it but could not hear anything... Today I clicked on your video and heard your music, don't know how or why.

Note 2: I'm fooling around with a tor dl'd version of the ps3 Bandfuse files, not an iso but the files (as info).

• Like 1

When I import "You oughta know" in EOF, it loads bass, rhythm guitar, lead guitar and vocals (with no lyric line definitions). In Bandfuse, the first five guitar difficulty levels are reserved for rhythm guitar and the sixth difficulty is lead. If you import it and compare difficulty #s 4 and 5 you'll see quite a difference.

• Like 1

I'm testing the Bandfuse Import for Rocksmith at this point, syncing the tabs with an MP3.

Just finished goofing around with Rebel Yell, again the tabs were behind by 3 beats, adjusted by leading silence.

This .rif file did import the vocals with lyrics. I found that the vocal melody roll is pretty good as well, at times it looks like there are no lyric line definitions but there actually are, they are just out of range, the piano roll (keys) octave needs to be adjusted to the melody range.

For me the guitar difficulty levels are jumping around between rhythm and lead parts...

• Like 1

Here I am again, I did my best guess on .clt format (it looks like ver limited container, aes encrypted I suppose, I have no key and have no clue how to get one from PS3 game)
here is .bt file:

//--------------------------------------
//--- 010 Editor Binary Template
//
// File: BandFuse_CLT.bt
// Author: L0FKA
// Revision: 1
// Purpose: BandFuse .CLT format
//--------------------------------------
LittleEndian();

typedef char ID[4];

typedef struct{
    ID Magic;
    ushort unk_version_maj;
    ushort unk_version_min;
} hdr;

struct {
    hdr Header;

uint   unk_flags_or_id;//preview has [40 00 0B 00]
    uint   unk_clock_frequency;//max?
    ubyte  unk_kbps;//quality?
    byte   unk_channel_mask;
    ushort unk_block_align;
    ushort samples_per_second;
    short  unk_flag;
    int unk_40;
    int unk_2; //[5, 48], [15, 56] pairs, this and next one
    int unk_flag0;

uint unpaked_data_size; //just to cut off trash after decryption?
    byte IV[16];
    byte data[FileSize() - FTell()];

} file<open=true>;

Bytes in LE, I saw .wav files with wrong bytes conversion, effect like swap bytes, I can write small app to fix .wav files.(but who need fx sound except you'd like to replace RS metronome sound with BandFuse one ;) )

Also I've googled out gtfdds  converter it's basically has different headers and DXT compression.

+saw couple yours yb playthroughs, can I get eof imported  chart of one yes song? C: (I see they vanished all the things, game is nearly dead, and we know why)
Maybe I miss smth, I'll add it later.

• Like 1

Dunno any way to get the key.  I suppose if I could find a way to monitor the hypervisor or get Xenia (X360 emulator) on PC to build it would be possible- seems like the only way, anyhow.

But that is totally awesome that you took the time to help out.  :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Band fuse.I always wondered how good or bad it was. In fact I have the only one article I ever see,right in my hands at some gaming store, a PS3 version. But I wasn't interested at all. The only advantage I'd known is that the delay was inferior than RS 2014 but the PS3 version was requiring the obsolete trilineal video cable who long time lost and nobody longer use. Besides that, watching how fast tabs run in videos make me feel like I was going to get blind. Probably would be easier to learn just by reading tabs in the only fashioned way,so what was the big deal anyway? :huh: Too late to care. Whatever. :lol:

• Like 1