BandFuse Customs Research (Is there a better place for this?)

SFenton

Hey all,

I've been doing research on BandFuse customs recently but I've hit a wall in adding files to the index file.  I've set up a thread here with research I've been gathering on data structures and whatnot.

Tomorrow I'll be cleaning up preliminary code I have and hosting it somewhere so that interested parties can take a look.  I have an example replacement solution and a MIDI file that it converts, and I have a solution that's dedicated to generating DLC that I'm running into issues with.

I'm hoping to find other people who are interested in customizing BandFuse, and, as a long show, anyone with audio experience who would like to look at the compression/encryption used on the audio and see if there's any way to reverse it (as of now, we're using audio through the .bik video, which is... eh, I guess?).

Thanks!

(And if there's a better place for this, let me know and if you can't move it there I'll post it there instead)

• Like 4

Theoretically we could turn this into Bandfuse2RS2014 if we'll get those key(knowing current encryption they use some AES like it was for mmog's?) and then it's format(if it's mmog's than it's damn easy! hoping they've got no reason for making their own format it's just a container with (ad)pcm samples and it's like vorbis encoded or it's just raw data, but i can't say much i have no files\bandfuse eiser ;) found a dead topic in one forum http:// forum. xentax .com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12544 hoped that there was some files or hex view of it, but nope

googled smth about http://sourceforge.net/projects/megui/here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=123007 probly it's encrypted .ac3 audio? Well, CF won't allow to publish here converted songs or tabs from it?(i just brainstorming) but i'd like to see the tabs at least ;) link me to that twiter answer pls

Anwa i have no much time for this and i'm not sure you'll get those key soon so keep it with bk2 till anyone of you guys could get the key from the game?

• Like 1

I've not tried Bandfuse but I've watched a few vids on youtube.  I just cba with the learning curve of learning a new visual tab layout, it's horizontal as oppossed to vertical (in simplistic terms).

I've invested so much time in Rocksmith I've learned to sight read quite efficiently.  I think it would be like moving from mouse + keys for shooter to playing cod with a pad :D

I know some people are excellent with a pad at shooters, but it's just so frustrating knowing what should be done without the muscle memory to apply it.  I would imagine that me trying to play Bandfuse would be a similar result.  Just having a little chuckle :D

• Like 2

Update: In the thread, I've added:

- Info on the data structures

- SUPER PROTOTYPE CODE that injects over official DLC (those interested in converting to Rocksmith format can look at the code and start figuring out how the pieces work as well).

- Example MIDI files to convert from

- Example MIDI Spec I've been following

Coming soon:

- The generator project I've been working on

- Info about BPM, measures, etc.

• Like 2

It wouldn't bother me if those were never able to be decrypted as long as we could trick the game into accepting unencrypted stems for custom songs. Worst case scenario, we could always make separate charts tailored for each instrument (ie. minus lead guitar audio).

• Like 1

Jammit lets you listen to the isolated tracks ( and only the ones you buy) but you have to use dedicated software to do that. There's no way to export the isolated tracks but theoretically you could record the audio output with another software to get them. I used Jammit for "Perpetual Change" and it was extremely helpful to have the isolated tracks. The tabs are solid although not always as good as one would expect but overall it's definitely an option for making customs and even multitrack customs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting initiative. Nice work guys adding functionality.

Must be honest that Bandfuse never really garnered my interest, especially after the game studio closed shortly after launch indicating to me that maybe RS had the market cornered, but I'd be interested to know what "stems" are to see if my assessment was too shallow?

Since EOF hotfix 1374 imports BF format does this mean that it can be saved in RS format, thus allowing customs made for BF to be convertible to RS? And vice versa for for eventual EoF BF export feature ?

How many Bandfuse CDLC exist out there? Does Bandfuse have a large following?

• Like 1

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Bandfuse customs are pretty new, SFenton was the first guy publically working on it.  It's likely that at some point that ALL Rocksmith customs could be ported to Bandfuse.  Bandfuse isn't on PC though, so it requires a hacked console to play customs, so it probably won't be as popular as Rocksmith for customs.

• Like 2

Presumably it will be black screens in the video window of Bandfuse, I doubt many conversions will have the hours spent on them to have the proper music video present and synced.

I am more interested in porting pro Bandfuse charts to Rocksmith :D

• Like 1

If the music video mostly just uses the same audio as the album/single/etc. recording of the song, all somebody would have to do is resync the beginning of the song.  Worst case scenario, just rip the audio track from the video and resync to that.  I made some Phase Shift charts with background music videos and I think it's a cool feature.

• Like 1

the -boy because apparently .clt can also be used for something with gameboy...

a search of this: <.clt xbox -boy> came up with some interesting results that might be helpful...

I found this link to be, hopefully helpful, http://wiki.xentax.com/index.php?title=GRAF:Abomination_CLT

also this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=289355%23pid289355

This for potential future reference:

Also, I was able to identify the .xpr counterpart for the PS3, that being the .gtf file.

searched <.gtf ps> and as above.... found this to be informational as well...

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5164

One more search of <.clt ps3 -boy> resulted in this french site: http://www.framasoft.net/article4663.html

I ran that through google translate, mentions both Xbox and PS3, talking about MeGUI, video conversion software.

• Like 1

thought a list of game partners might be useful to review for potential tech direction.

Blue Shift Inc.

Mercenary Tech.

Wave Group

McDSP - I think this is tone design or audio sampling?

Autodesk Scale form

Bink video

Mastiff

bEHAVIOUR

Nady

Harmonix

Fender

Rogue Games

• Like 1

Interesting discovery: I can sub .bik files into the stem locations, and static will play (no audio plays with .wav files).  I haven't tried flagging the files as .bik in the .rif files yet, but this seems like it could lead to some interesting experimentation.

• Like 1