Problem with capo

selkis

Question

Hello, 
I download the latest version of eof, 

I place a capo in box 1, but when compiling with the toolkit (latest version too) the number of frets not change 
for example: 
on my tab I must put my capo on fret 1 and play an F, it shows me that I should play a F # 
as if I should play fret 1 and 3 with my capo, it shows me the screen hoop 2 and 4 to play. 

I use the latest version integrate DDC toolkit .. 

this is normal or that it will is there a bug? 
thank you 

sorry for my bad english

My customs : http://search.customsforge.com/?q=selkis

je suis débutant guitare et basse j'essaye de réaliser mes customs au mieux , pas évident du tout.. si mes customs ne sont pas parfaites désolé.. je fais de mon mieux et je travaille toujours dessus en temps libre.

I'm a beginner guitar and bass I try to make my customs at best, not obvious at all .. if my customs are not perfect sorry .. I do my best and I'm still working on it in free time.

think I know what you mean. If I've understood correctly, you're doing it right.When you're working in EoF, you can place all the notes relative to the capo. For example, you'd create your F chord as normal - with you index finger barring the 1st fret.When you play the song in Rocksmith, it should ask you to tune without the capo and then again with it on the first fret. When the game displays the notes, it will not show the notes relative to the capo, like EoF does. When playing the song, it should show your capo on the guitar neck (at first fret) and your F chord will be displayed at the second fret. Make sense?As a further example, my "Hotel California" CDLC uses a capo at the 7th fret for the rhythm arrangement. In RS, the notes are displayed only at the 7th fret and above.

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

That is expected behavior. The capo position is treated as the nut, just as with guitar tablature. In EOF, you could transpose all notes down one fret, but that will only work if there are no open notes in the track (ie. you can't play the low E note in standard tuning if there is a capo on fret 1).

• Like 1

Wait...does Rocksmith prompt you to tune again after you put the capo on?  The only capo arrangement I've tried to play is one I made and it doesn't do that.

It does for me, anyway.

• Like 1

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

The capo related note detection issues could easily be intonation related as well, at least for some users. It's always best to make sure that your guitar's intonation is spot on before using a capo with RS.The game is only capable of reading the input, so you'll always need to ensure that your fretted notes have the intended pitch. Using a capo is just going to magnify a pre-existing intonation issue.

Here is the problem to which I am

http://tresorsdevie.free.fr/temp/ecran1.jpg

How to play this note frette1, it means you mean that I must write my new tab with half tone more?

if I play vacuum then the rest will be fairer

http://tresorsdevie.free.fr/temp/ecran2.jpg

may be I should define the capo on tuxguitar thing that I have not done ...

je suis débutant guitare et basse j'essaye de réaliser mes customs au mieux , pas évident du tout.. si mes customs ne sont pas parfaites désolé.. je fais de mon mieux et je travaille toujours dessus en temps libre.

I'm a beginner guitar and bass I try to make my customs at best, not obvious at all .. if my customs are not perfect sorry .. I do my best and I'm still working on it in free time.

I hate that Rocksmith gives you the "new" chord name when using a capo. Like, if the capo is on the fifth fret and you're playing the E chord shape, Rocksmith labels this as an A chord. I find this totally confusing. Same thing with using the 'real' fret numbers instead of the fret numbers relative to the capo. The capo serves as a surrogate nut, after all. This is the way it's done in standard tab.

Is there a way to tell Rocksmith to display relative to the capo, not to the fretboard?

• Like 1

I hate that Rocksmith gives you the "new" chord name when using a capo. Like, if the capo is on the fifth fret and you're playing the E chord shape, Rocksmith labels this as an A chord. I find this totally confusing. Same thing with using the 'real' fret numbers instead of the fret numbers relative to the capo. The capo serves as a surrogate nut, after all. This is the way it's done in standard tab.

Is there a way to tell Rocksmith to display relative to the capo, not to the fretboard?

I'm not sure if there's a setting in RS, but I know that you can choose to ignore the capo (only as it relates to chord names) within EoF.@@selkis, I'm not entirely sure what's going on there since your second picture does show that some open notes are displaying properly. 

@GetTheLedOut 

I have no problem with the 2 nd picture, it was to show the rest of my song, I score a vacuum and another not, so I can not ignore my capo in eof as I could do so only in accordance rhythmic

Here is the problem to which I am

http://tresorsdevie.free.fr/temp/ecran1.jpg

How to play this note frette1, it means you mean that I must write my new tab with half tone more?

It looks like you authored the arrangement without a capo and then just changed the capo value in the toolkit, doing that won't work correctly. You need to define the capo in EOF because then the fret values will be increased accordingly. Even though EOF treats the capo position as the nut, Rocksmith does not, it expects the absolute fret numbers for each note and not those that are relative to the capo position.

GetTheLedOut is right, it is actually EOF's chord lookup that defines the name of each chord, Rocksmith has no known built-in capability to do that. Calling the open E chord shape an A chord when there's a capo on fret 5 is musically accurate, but some musicians prefer to designate the chord shape as if there was no capo at all since that's easier. EOF will allow you to get this behavior by using "Track>Pro guitar>Ignore tuning/capo". It will then disregard the tuning and capo and name all chords as if the arrangement was in standard tuning with no capo.

Thank you for all these explanations I finally see clearly

Ugh. I've been struggling with a rhythm part all morning and FINALLY figured out it uses a capo!

So, from what I understand,

FIRST I tell EoF to use a capo (in my case on the fifth fret) -- I then place the chords in the appropriate place (using a C shape for the F chord, the G shape for the C chord etc.)

THEN, when it's time to generate chord names, I tell EOF to ignore the capo?

Yup that's correct.  Although it doesn't necessarily matter WHEN you tell EoF that there's a capo, or to ignore it for naming purposes. That could just as easily be done last as long as the arrangement is charted relative to the capo.

I tried the ignore capo thing and it worked... sort of. The chords are indeed all named relative to the capo. BUT: every single chord pane is named -- not just the first in the series. Did I do something wrong?

Not that I know of. I'm sure raynebc could better speak to the expected behavior of EoF.I've honestly never bothered with editing the chord names.

I tried the ignore capo thing and it worked... sort of. The chords are indeed all named relative to the capo. BUT: every single chord pane is named -- not just the first in the series. Did I do something wrong?

I guess I can't tell what you mean, I couldn't cause any strange behavior to happen for repeated chords when I enable or disable the ignore tuning/capo option. Is it displaying the chord name instead of "/" in EOF? Is it displaying a chord box for each repeated chord in Rocksmith, instead of displaying repeat lines? Could you post a screen capture of the display issue?

Yes, it was displaying a new chord box with the chord name for every instance of the chord. I didn't rename the chords in EOF though -- this was before I saw that post. At that point I'd just tried the 'ignore' idea.

I'm going to take some time soon to explore this more, just develop experimental customs to see what happens when I try out different things.

Im sorry, but i read topic twice, and bad understood way using capo.

Have same problem that in first post.

Set capo at 5 fret in EOF, and got in RS capo + shifted all chords to 10 fret.

There 3 question:

1. I must down shift all chords at 0 frets in Guitar Pro?

2. There is any easy way down shift in EOF all chords, if i have not tabs (not my CDLC)?

3. How right mark fingers index with capo. What index i must set for notes under capo in EOF ? Or if i did shift it will not required, this notes will be open strings?

Sorry my English.

@, На сколько я понял(На забываем обновить утилиты сначала):
1: "ставим" каподастр на нужный лад.

2: Все открытые ноты будут на ладу где капо стоит(т.е все ноты слева от капо и сам капо = "открытые" и == номеру лада с капо (по понятным причинам, капо теперь у нас вместо верхнег порожка))

3: Так как есть капо, а все открытые ноты не зажимаются(очевидно же), то мы ставим пальцы на аккорд как буд-то наш капо это верхний порожек.

При такой постановке вороса капо должен работать, можно почитать ещё здесь решение с капо:
http://customsforge.com/topic/5030-capo-chord-support/

@,

можно выделить все похоже с эффектами [shift+L] (выделяются только ноты\аккорды с эффектами как PM. и т.д.)
или все похожие [ctrl+L] (глянь в меню выделения [Edit>Selection] )

Потом крутим контрл+колёсико мыши и все ноты смещаются +\- лад

• Like 1