reason for out of sync

Shinyditto12

Question

6 answers to this question

Thanks for the info Shinyditto. Do you know what was causing EOF to lag for you?

I think I remember EOF lagging for me a long time ago when I tried it on an old computer.

Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.

Visual sync is never to be trusted because the slightest lag on the computer will throw it off. The AV delay in EOF doesn't directly relate to anything in Rocksmith, it's just meant to compensate for the video performance EOF gets on your computer. The only thing you should rely on to test sync in EOF is the audio cues like the metronome and claps. EOF mixes the sound cues in with the chart audio on a per-sample basis to generally make it impossible for them to get out of sync, but Allegro doesn't offer enough timing accuracy to prevent visual desync that requires stopping and starting the chart to resolve. Additionally, when beat syncing, using the waveform graph is generally a big help.

• Like 4

The MIDI tones feature's lag is even harder to control, since it's up to the Operating System to manage this. Windows' software MIDI device is particularly sluggish, I found it works better if I plug in a hardware synthesizer and make that the default MIDI device. You can manually edit the delay for the MIDI tone feature in File>Settings. It may take a couple attempts to find the best value for this, and it may be very different from the AV delay value.