Bass tab doesnt get imported correctly

KinoTheMystic

I'm currently working on my 2nd CDLC, Christopher's River by Biffy Clyro. I've hit a road block. I finished lining all the notes correctly for the lead guitar part and when I went to import the bass tab, it is not in sync as it should be, and the first note starts like half a measure before the actual bass kicks in. If i try to move the first note using the beat marker thing, it just moves closer to the other notes.

If I can't solve this problem, is there a way for me to use my keyboard to place notes as the song plays? The bass is fairly simple in this song so I really wouldnt mind doing it manually

Once you have anchors down they won't move, which is why when you move the bass one it squeezes closer to the others, because theu are locked in your guitar arrangement.

What you have descirbed is a very common problem, the easiest way to solve it is to (for future reference) make sure you "begin" a project properly.  The number of times I've invested hours getting to the end of something then discovering a problem near the start...

For now though it's perfectly fixable but there are some questions...

- If you're bass is off are you sure the guitar is correct (the gp file would sound like crap if the guitar/bass was out of sync)?

- Does the first bass note land on a grid line?

- Does the bass also stop half a measure too early i.e. is the enitre bass track shifted to the left uniformly?

If the answer is yes to these questions then

- Go to bass arrangement

- Hit Ctrl+Home (this will take you to the first note)

- Hit Ctrl+A (this selects all notes)

- Hit Ctrl+C (copies)

- Hit Delete

- Press PageDown until the green play bar gets to where to you want the bass to go (press PageUp if you go too far)

- Press Ctrl+V (pastes)

Enjoy :D

The goal when syncing a Guitar Pro file is to not move individual notes but to move the beat markers instead to line it up with the audio. This way when it's time to load another track from that same Guitar Pro file, it will be in sync with the audio as long as the GP file was accurate.