cstewart

Buddy Holly - Maybe Baby - Not Fade AwayOh Boy! - Rave On - Slippin' and Slidin'That'll Be The Day

The Clash - Janie Jones

The Decemberists - Raincoat Song

Duane Eddy - Rebel Rouser

Eddie Cochran - Twenty Flight Rock

Foxboro Hot Tubs - Mother Mary

Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man

The Misfits - Astro Zombies - Skulls

The Ramones - Do You Wanna Dance? - SLUG

Raspberries - Go All The Way

Social Distortion - Prison Bound(Live)

The Temptations - Ain't Too Proud To Beg

Traditional - The Kesh Jig

• Like 1

Chulahoma is my favorite Black Keys album by far.  All the songs are Junior Kimbrough covers and it's what got me into Mississippi hill country blues.  RL Burnside, Junior Kimbrough, pretty much anything on the Fat Possum label and some other bands that are heavily influenced by that kind of music, like Hillstomp and Left Lane Cruiser.  I love it all.  

But yeah...that's why I'm working on both Junior's and the Black Keys' version of Meet Me In The City.  That may be my most favorite song of any genre.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Chulahoma is my favorite Black Keys album by far.  All the songs are Junior Kimbrough covers and it's what got me into Mississippi hill country blues.  RL Burnside, Junior Kimbrough, pretty much anything on the Fat Possum label and some other bands that are heavily influenced by that kind of music, like Hillstomp and Left Lane Cruiser.  I love it all.  

But yeah...that's why I'm working on both Junior's and the Black Keys' version of Meet Me In The City.  That may be my most favorite song of any genre.

I love the North Mississippi Allstars versions of Meet Me In The City and Richard Johnston's version is really unique.  Looking forward to your releases.

• 2 months later...

Hank Williams - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry :D :D :D :D :D

I've got the rhythm and the vocals for that done but adapting the lap steel part to guitar without losing too much is challenging!  I'm trying to keep it to standard or an open tuning.

Wow that's great I really can't wait for this one. Something completely different. :-P :-P

I'll take the rhythm hell that's all I play anyhow. :oops: Pm me and I'll test it out.

:wub: My mother said I could grow up to be anything I wanted

So I became an Asshole. :D

• 1 month later...

I haven't had much free time for making customs lately but I'm going to try to get Hank Williams done.  I think I'm going to combine the lap steel solo, fiddle solo and electric guitar fills into one lead track so they'll be more fun to play.

@@Bornwild I'll get a progress psarc together with the rhythm track for you to test if you'd like. 

I haven't had much free time for making customs lately but I'm going to try to get Hank Williams done.  I think I'm going to combine the lap steel solo, fiddle solo and electric guitar fills into one lead track so they'll be more fun to play.

@@Bornwild I'll get a progress psarc together with the rhythm track for you to test if you'd like. 

Can't wait.

:wub: My mother said I could grow up to be anything I wanted

So I became an Asshole. :D

WIP Download

The rhythm guitar is playing standard E, A and B7 chords in 3/4 time, but you hit the bass strings on the 1 and the rest of the chord on 2 & 3.  It's pretty simple.

I also threw in the first few measures of the lap steel on the lead track but that's it so far.  I'm going to have to figure it out by ear and that's not something I have much practice with.