Bug when importing GP guitar arrangements onto REAL_BASS(22)

GetTheLedOut

I've noticed this a couple of times now, using the past several hotfixes. It's now occurred enough times to warrant a mention.

When importing a guitar part onto either of the REAL_BASS EoF tracks, the track imports correctly, with the exception of the tuning. The tuning seems to import with values 4 and 5 semitones above E standard.

I would think that this is not the expected behavior of EoF, and hopefully easily fixed.

Obviously the user can go in and manually change the tuning back to E standard, but I seem to always forget :) Couple that with the fact that you wouldn't notice the problem until you're importing to EoF arrangement into the Toolkit... often after you've created DD using the offending .xml... *grumblegrumble*

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

I don't think it really counts as a bug. The default arrangement type of the bass tracks is bass, so it reflects standard bass tuning. If you set the arrangement type to anything else before importing the GP track, the tuning will be relative to standard guitar tuning.

Awesome, thanks @@raynebc

I was under the assumption that EoF would automatically recognize the guitar track and make the switch, but that's a pretty easy thing to change manually before importing.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

After studying the GP5 spec a little it seems I can determine which instrument type the user selected for each track (ie. "Distortion Guitar" or "Electric Bass (pick)"). I think I can add some logic to offer to change the arrangement type from/to bass without too much difficulty.