Reporting broken or missing CDLC content links

jeff_tentacles

Question

Hi all,

I was downloading some CDLC yesterday and found a few entries where the links provided direct you to a page that either does not work or a massage that the content has been removed. 

Is there a place where I can report this? And would it be ok to ask the poster or someone who has previously downloaded the content re-upload it/fix the original link?

What I came across yesterday:

Download link directs you to a page that claims to have the file, but won't let you download.  Really bummed about this one.

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/technical-difficulties-r4397

All download links direct you to a 'file no longer exists' message 

http://search.customsforge.com/?a=Abominable%20Putridity

There were more I found but I can't remember off the top of my head, if there is a more appropriate place to post this information please let me know and I'll log it when I come across such things, if not I'll just keep posting them here and anyone else who wants to add to the list please feel free.

This community rules by the way!   :D   I'm going to try my hand at some of my own CDLC very soon.

6 answers to this question

Almost all missing links have been corrected soon after report to charter (I mean new uploads). This what i have noted.

If not in 2 weeks perioid (after report), i can start to collect these links in my topic, if people just do report them also to me, can't find many by myself.

http://customsforge.com/topic/4863-list-of-crashers-jammers-dead-toners-and-misc-problems/

After about 2 months??? i could then missing link list to admins? Or admins can freely check list time to time and decide what to do.

Just suggestion.

Anyways it would be good think that there would not be dead links for long perioid of time in upload list.

If there is... i think only good think would be remove those song topics, and just wait new possible uploads, or another charter uploads.

Just my opinion.

At least there are some older dead upload links ... charters no longer "exist" or not care their product or ???. Some of these songs are already marked in my list x

Mainly these x marked songs are also dead tone songs.

For me alone taking care updating all dead links well enough would be impossible. So as in any other issue in my list, If i get help it will be better and more accurately updated.

Still being just "check list" full of mistakes and slow action.

Things were much faster when there were less songs... i think number of songs suprised everyone including me...

These links that you mentioned have been already corrected... i assume.

Thanks for the reply! I will add any dead links to your list I find that seem to have been dead for at least two weeks.  I do understand that the library has grown exponentially (which is great!) so more content means more chances for things like dead links to fall through the cracks. 

An idea may be to add a ‘report dead link’ button to ignition and the old(er) content page view so anyone can easily report these to admins.  This I think will help as the amount of content continues to grow.  May be they(admins, devs) should also consider adding report buttons for the other issues you address in your list, like crashers, jammers and dead toners.  These could at least generate reports that might help admins or other users determine the quality of the CDLC before downloading and testing.

Anyway, looks like the Racer-X link (http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/technical-difficulties-r4397) has been corrected! Very happy, can't wait to get some and start learning it. 

As for the http://search.customsforge.com/?a=Abominable%20Putridity tracks, they are still dead, and may have been dead for a long time since the last comment was from, 22 Mar 2014.

• Like 1

Edit last post of mine: Those x marked are actually totally removed from upload list, not really dead links, sorry my mistake.

Not bad idea of yours, i just tried to solve issue by already existing act of doing.

I think after buttons pressed, "label on"... there can be same problematic that exist in my list...

if already marked in list, or maybe in future pressed button for reason, it can be remain so even after issue corrected, due slow action of correction.

So there should be also cancel button and cancel politics wise thinked.

For now before button era, i mark your findings...and all reports i get, or i found myself. Later on if buttons appear i can press all those buttons xxx, and same time check if issues corrected.

I think, i will not hurry on this, so i will not modify my list until weekend...

Dead links will be added to my topic unless...

Not really sure if admins remove those links after report since there are not so many of them???

If so it would be just easiest to report them to admin who ever found these oldies.

It's not big issue with new songs that can i say, old ones i have most likely already uploaded when they were new ones without issues.

One more think, people like me could easily upload lost songs (dead linked), if there would be upload dead link button, no song topic have to cancel, and credits still belonged to charter   :)

• Like 1

One more think, people like me could easily upload lost songs (ded linked), if there would be upload dead link button, no song topic have to cancel  :)

Great idea! Then people with the song listed as in thier collection could be alerted and get some thank you points for reuploading

I'm not sure what is policy nowdays in uploading others songs. Also i don't have yet list of songs should be uploaded.

Good start is then just collect those dead linked songs for now (also song removed in upload list). And later on if politics allow upload them again. No thanks needed for that action, i think, its just payback action guys like me. 

Even though been here, and there (smithysanvil) some issues are not so clear to me.

But as usual things get straight, page developes everyday, no hurries... starting doing list for dead links is what i can do in next weekend.

Let's see if i can later on upload some missed songs...