Midi2RsXml - Create Rocksmith 2014 CDLC Songs From MIDI Files

cozy1

• Developer

A while ago, I set my sights on developing an new application tool that could help turn ordinary Midi files into Rocksmith 2014 CDLC songs.  The goal was to produce CDLC songs for beginning guitar players who are still working on note playing and timing.  No advanced guitar techniques or skills needed.  Midi songs are readily available and can serve as a great music source for beginning guitarist. 

The latest release of Midi2RsXml is Version 1.2.0 from April 8, 2015.  This is a droplet application that converts Rocksmith Ready Midi Files into the files that CST uses to create a CDLC song.  New support for rhythm (chords) and bass has been added.  Be sure to read step 4 in the tutorial if you are interested in these arrangements.

Take a Midi file, run it through Guitar Pro 5.2 or 6.0, and export a Rocksmith Ready Midi (RRM) file.  Drag/Drop the RRM onto the new Midi2RsXml.exe application icon and bam ...  out pops a Song2014 XML and Wem Audio files ready for CST to churn into a CDLC song.  Yep, its that easy.  Give it a try.

Here is the link to download Midi2RsXml application and the complete "How To" tutorial.  Be sure to read the tutorial a couple of times. 

Special thanks to all the CST Developers, Customs Forge, and beta testers, MazTor and Pc Plum and many more for making this possible.

Midi2RsXml now supports Lead guitar (note play) and Rhythm guitar (chords) and Bass.  No more fine print. ;)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

CDLC songs created with Midi2RsXml can be submitted here.  Please be sure to include the RRM file and album artwork if you decide to share. 

Other shared RRM files can be found here.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

As the fine print says, Midi2RsXml currently supports Lead guitar note play only.  Support for Rhythm (chords) and Bass are currently in development.

I am not a bass player, so if you understand the Song2014 xml files for Bass and want to contribute then please PM me.

• Developer

Thanks for catching that.  I updated the tutorial.

• Developer

@klaw:

Thanks for sharing.  Bolero is a good proof of concept song for Midi2RsXml program.  The beat map is right on and it is fun.  I had to slow the song down to about 50% speed in riff repeater in order to keep up with the notes.  They be flying at you.  :) Keep on experimenting.  Please share any RRM files that are 40 to 80 BPM.  These may be better suited for beginners.  RRM can be submitted here.

I can't actually get the WWise components you link to (Access denied using the links for web installer etc from the project page).

Build 4828 no longer even appears in the drop downs from the web page. Later versions can't be used?

(I've had to format my system since I last released CDLC, so don't have the version installed that I've previously used)

• Developer

It looks like Audiokinect just took down all the links to the legacy releases of Wwise that supported Rocksmith.  :(

I don't know if the newest version of Wwise will support Rocksmith 2014.  If you are inclined to beta test, you could try downloading the latest release and let the community know if it works. 

EDIT:  Several users have reported success using the Wwise auto converter with any of the build series in Audiokinect Wwise v2013.2.x build 48xx

Would it be legal to share the installation files for Wwise here? In case someone still has them?

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• Developer

I think only official link to Audiokinect Wwise may be posted here, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

@@Azrael, I'm working on ww2ogg in C#(done with everything except data section and actual ww2ogg process i.e. just prototyping things), hope I'll can code out encoder(slow but at least smth) ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

This is great news! Does this work with bass or just guitar?

The latest release should work for bass.  Give it a try and let me know.  Be sure to read step 4 in the tutorial.