Guitars sites

rummhamm87

Question

hey everybody, just wondering if there are any other sites that sell good quality guitars on sale every so often. I know dbzdiamondstore.com has a sale at times. In fact I bought a really nice one from there for $300 and originally it was $1200, so I'm just wondering if there are any other sites like that.

7 answers to this question

DBZ is the guy who used to be/own Dean guitars ... while they are undoubtably very good quality, i would be very skeptical about the $1200 price tag ... they routinely take a $400 guitar, market it as a " MSRP $1200".  Many companies do this, but considering they ARE the manufacturer .. the retail price isnt 1200 .. .its 400

just sayin.  

with that said .. you can also buy guitars online from guitarcenter.com, musiciansfriend.com (which is owned by guitar center), or carvinguitars.com (they are a very high quality custom shop).

• Like 1

@@Izzy I follow you, but I guess I should've phrased my question differently. What I'm looking for is a site that sells good quality guitars for around $300 - $400. Or one that does have sales similar DBZ. Since this is ultimately a hobby and not my job I don't want to spend a grand or more on a quality guitar.

@@Izzy I follow you, but I guess I should've phrased my question differently. What I'm looking for is a site that sells good quality guitars for around $300 - $400. Or one that does have sales similar DBZ. Since this is ultimately a hobby and not my job I don't want to spend a grand or more on a quality guitar.

Have you checked the websites for your local stores?  The 2015 models are coming out in the next 2-4 weeks, so most places here in my area are having inventory clearance sales to dump the old models.

I'm always skeptical about buying guitars online, unseen.  You never know what you're getting in the end.  Lots of places that sell guitars at high discounts online are selling b-stock stuff.

@@rummhamm87 what i was trying to get at was.. taking a $300 guitar, marketing it as a $1200 guitar, then "putting it on sale for a low low price of  $400".. is not a good deal. its shady practice at best, and to avoid a libel lawsuit, i will refrain from mentioning what i really think of it.  

Any of the sites i mentioned earlier carry mid range ($300-$500) guitars. 

Have you checked the websites for your local stores?  The 2015 models are coming out in the next 2-4 weeks, so most places here in my area are having inventory clearance sales to dump the old models.

I'm always skeptical about buying guitars online, unseen.  You never know what you're getting in the end.  Lots of places that sell guitars at high discounts online are selling b-stock stuff.

i have only checked guitar center, (its the only store thats close to me).  and your right .. the new models are coming out, so they are having sales to move off the old stock.  as far as buying online vs in a physical store .. i really dont recommend buying online.  guitars can have quite a bit of variance.  even in identical models! the neck may or may not be in tune with the body.  there could be issues with the fretwork, finish of the paint, fitment of the neck joint ..etc .. this isnt as much of an issue since guitar companies have started using cad/cam to carve the guitars.  but since the final assembly is done by hand. there can be variances.  

I'd suggest goign to a store, playing everything they have (dont bother looking at the price tag .. ignore it completely!) then see what fits YOU the best .. different people have their own criteria on what they are looking for in a guitar.  What may be great to someone, might be unplayable to you, and vice versa. 

• Like 1