Bass Arrangements Called "Custom Tuning"

Hi,

been using master-2.6.1.0-ba47adfc2f0d since you fixed the last tuning issue for me.  Thanks Alex360 :D

I am having more trouble now.  I have been making some songs in low tunings (C# Standard and now D Standard).  While I can make it work no problem the bass arrangemets always come up as "Custom Tuning" in game instead of "D Standard".

This is because when I pull the bass xml into the toolkit, the toolkit insists on defining 6 strings.  So instead of -2, -2, -2, -2 and it is called "D Standard" I get -2, -2, -2, -2, 0, 0 and the toolkit then makes it a custom tuning.

What do I need to do to make it say "D Stanard" for bass again?

Like I say it works fine, its just that it may confuse some people when they play the custom.  Other songs (official and cdlc) say "D Standard" for bass no problem.

Most of the songs I've charted are D standard.  If you click the drop down list and select it, then it should be fine, in my experience.

Sometimes I use big words that I don't completely understand, just to make myself seem more photosynthesis.

Thanks Daikano, I did try that but although it shows C# Standard in the arrangements frame (until you hit edit that arrangement again) it still shows up as Custom Tuning in game.

I've tried a few different Toolkit release, and up until master-2.6.1.0-1d45d6373add

adding this arrangement

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mnciqm

gives it a C# Standard tuning.

All subsequent Toolkit releases (that I have) call it DbGbBEBE (and so it is called custom tuning in game).

@@Alex360, is it because you fixed the tuning for me before?  I remember you said that the problem I had before was because the Toolkit was not checking all 6 strings (it was a guitar arrangment) - did you make it check 6 strings even for bass?

I will build with an old Toolkit just now because I want it to say C# Standard.  It bugs me that much :D

@PC Plum, all correct tho, take a look here:

<tuning string0="-3" string1="-3" string2="-3" string3="-3" string4="0" string5="0" />

It's C# std, it should be that, a small extra work on bass tuning is add -3 to 2 last fields  cuz i'm not sure about automating this for bass, just don't wanna mess things like it was :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy